What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1970's week

With the 1970's week coming up, i do hope the team wheres the jersey from the 1970's not like last years heritage jersey we played in, which i dont even remeber the club using in the past.

Its a must to use the identical jersey to the 1970's thats the sky blue with black bands and white band across gut region,

Puting out a jersey and saying its a 70's jersey is not the thing to do for a tradiontal club,

Frenzy.

Immortal
Well the black jersey was indicative of a club with no tradition wasn't it.

It had been a black 38 years at that point so it was apt :)

We should wear it again. It's still black.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
every week is 70's in the reef house hold.
Nothing but Chrysler panel vans, monaros, number 96, Tang, Kiss, beegees, side levers, big lapelles, KB & sat arvo footy on abc.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Like an article in one of this weeks newspapers implied. Modern jumpers are crap, designed by metrosexual Surry Hills marketing types that know nothing about rugby league or its traditions. Sharks and Tigers have thin lies and splashes of colour that look crap from a distance, on television or in photographs. Would love to see the traditional 1970's hooped jumper designed with the more modern and stronger blue we use today. It still is the most distinctive jumper designed and by which Cronulla is widely recognised. Line up all our past jumpers including the 1996 Reebok one that some fool put grey in when its not even one of our colours, again with grey in 1997 SL and the last few ones. Fringe supporters wouldn't know which team any of them belong to. But pull out the hooped jumper and bingo, easily recognised as the Cronulla Sharks.

Quigs

Immortal
Me too reefy,,

the 70's is gas .... man

p-18a.jpg

Even got me Motown out....

Cheers
Quigs

ghoti

Bench
As much as some of you guys don't want to admit it, time passes. I love the old 70's jersey just as much as everyone, but I think the jersey we have at the moment is one of the best in the competition, with the new Wests jersey a close second.

All you have to do is take a look at the most recognisable jersey in Rugby League (Souths) and you can see how unprofessional they look. The red and green horizontal stripes are a symbol of bad performance.

chili pepper

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
every week is 70's in the reef house hold.
Nothing but Chrysler panel vans, monaros, number 96, Tang, Kiss, beegees, side levers, big lapelles, KB & sat arvo footy on abc.

Rock n roll all night and party every day reefy?

gavin_miller

Juniors
I reckon we go back the original one with the V or the real classic 80's ET style one...
Aussie Duct era etc...

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Brett Kimmorley was just on sportsworld on 7 and mentioned the retro jersey they will be wearing. He sounded excited.

i can't stand these new style fancy type strips some team are gettign around in. melbourne looked like they were wearing t-shirts last night. i'd be embarrassed to get about in that rag.

give me a goold old fashioned style footy guernsey any day of the week, but using the modern fabrics. i know the sky blue with the v is the original rom '67, but my preferred sharks jersey is the blue with white hoop and black bands from the 70's, the black shorts with the white and blue stripes and the hooped black white and blue socks. i bloody love those socks !

fugg of with this stupid designer fins and gills crap. the uniforms in 'dodgeball' are better that what we've got now.

Macca

Coach
As advertised on the sharks official site.

Weird blue, surely that's not the actual colour.

300_jersey-0.jpg

Special K

Coach
That blue is the same colour as the logo in that photo.

In real life our logo is not that colour so I'm guessing here that the retro one will be the same blue as in the logo (the darkish blue that we wear on our home strip)

Why couldn't they just use the old blue FFS

Macca

Coach
Well it is the same. Apart from the logo and sleeve sponsor. That blue is different too but I think it's just a poor attempt from whoever drew it.

Booyah

Bench
Not a bad looking jersey though. It's hardly retro, but still, I don't think I would be whinging if that was our home jersey.

Macca

Coach
I have a signed one from a few years ago. It was limited edition. Looks like it's less limited now . . . . . .

Quigs

Immortal
This one will do me......

p-rogers.jpg

It is a 100% on the crap ninja mutant turtle outfit we have now... and most of the other clubs are wearing...... everytime I look at the new style jerseys it reminds me that I have got to take the dog to the vet. Evertime the mongrel throws up, I think to meself, what club wears that.

But the bench mark jersey was the little torvil and dean outfit the Brisbane Donkeys had years ago.... you know or remember ..... that snappy little outfit with the vertical lines of coloured little squares and triangles...on the white background and the maron sleeves...... now that was a pearler.

Cheers
Quigs