What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1970's week

Booyah

Bench
p-rogers.jpg

I'm a big fan of that one too.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Yep lets go with this look, we could interchange the current socks and the black shorts for away games. Away jumper would be the black hooped design we used last year. A simple hooped design for both jumpers, not gills, fins and curly lines like we have now. Note how Sludge ran with the ball before the line. He put the defence in two minds. Also shows he was creative and able to put a support player into a hole. Paul KHAN also ran like this and put other forwards into holes. It's a pity our current pack of forwards are unable to do this. Also note that the better forwards today such as Hindmarsh. Ryan and Menzies all adopt this style when needed. Hence they break the line more often than other forwards.

Quigs

Immortal
Southern Shark said:
Note how Sludge ran with the ball before the line. He put the defence in two minds. Also shows he was creative and able to put a support player into a hole. Paul KHAN also ran like this and put other forwards into holes.

Giday Shire Shark,

I think the difference might of been that Ghengis Khan had forwards backing him up - not standing twenty metres behind with their hands on their hips.....

In my day before they invented the ad line, the red zone, dominant tackle, surrender tackle, they used to call it "support play" , now I think it is called players in motion.....

Cheers
Quigs

Latest posts