What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1qaz Comments

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Do I need to remind you this is the team the dumb ass coach wanted.
Thinking Corey Norman was the next Darren Lockyer. MacTurd was the next Cameron Smith. Peter Wallace the next Peter Walllace.

Next challenger please.

Mate, I agree with you, the coach has made some bad decisions. My point was, regardless of injuries, I don't think the Broncos would have done very well anyway. So injuries are definitely not an excuse.

But can't you notice the changes the Broncos are making? We now have Barba, and have let go Norman, Wallace and Prince. We have Milford for 2015 and now there are rumours about Special K. Can we at least give some credit to the Broncos for heading in the right direction now?

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Everyone gave 100%?

The f**king captain gave up completely since he came back from Origin. Go watch the 2nd half of the Panthers game to see if they were trying.

Did you watch much of the season? Thaiday was rubbish (relative to his pay packet) for the most part of it. Did he not try for the whole year then?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The moment they put together a good squad is the moment I'll start supporting them again. With no hesitation, but I will not tolerate the garbage they have been feeding me over the last couple of years. Last year and the year before I was cheering for sydney teams to beat them, and I feel no remorse, they deserved it for not taking the season seriously with their pathetic lineups.

There's only one team in this world I will blindly support no matter what, and that's the toads.

No team needs "supporters" like you and elia. Do us all a favour and take up another team/code permanently.

Hench

Juniors
Did you watch much of the season? Thaiday was rubbish (relative to his pay packet) for the most part of it. Did he not try for the whole year then?

I give him a pass at the start of the season because he's just not a prop. But Griffin continued to play him there.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
No team needs "supporters" like you and elia. Do us all a favour and take up another team/code permanently.

Well said. Fair weather fans like these guys can piss off. If you can't support your team through harder times, then you weren't a true supporter in the first place.

Just be glad we've actually had the good times to cheer about, unlike supporters from other clubs.

Can you imagine being a Souths or Sharks fan?

Pull your head in.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i think perhaps one things massively overlooked is the effect bennett leaving has had. it affects retention and recruitment as well as the "feel" around the place. i was critical of bennett in his last few years at the broncos, but after seeing whats happened to both the broncos and dragons once he's left it seems there's hell of a lot he's holding together within teams.

i'm not saying that this years squad performed anywhere near what they were capable of but the way some people are carrying on is ridiculous. we've had a team which has been up for so long, eventually there was going to be some hurt. the bulk of this team got the grand final qualifier a few years ago.

some players havent stepped up since and you cant blame the club/coach for showing loyalty. if he chopped and changed everytime someone had a poor game you'd criticise him too. i've never rated norman but others including bennett have so you can understand the persistence with him. i think he's just too much like hayne in temperament to go to a higher level

even though the season was shit, the reality is that if we had scrapped into the 8 we probably wouldnt be looking at changes to the team. hopefully this season is a real kick in the ass to everyone in the club

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
even though the season was shit, the reality is that if we had scrapped into the 8 we probably wouldnt be looking at changes to the team. hopefully this season is a real kick in the ass to everyone in the club

Agree. I think it was a blessing in disguise that we missed the top 8 (and by some margin).

Howie

Juniors
Well said. Fair weather fans like these guys can piss off. If you can't support your team through harder times, then you weren't a true supporter in the first place.

Just be glad we've actually had the good times to cheer about, unlike supporters from other clubs.

Can you imagine being a Souths or Sharks fan?

Pull your head in.

Thank goodness for you guys setting it straight. I was starting to wonder just what kind of bronco forum I'd entered after reading that guy tone83's bullshit.

Fair weathered fans are not needed at Brisbane.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Thank goodness for you guys setting it straight. I was starting to wonder just what kind of bronco forum I'd entered after reading that guy tone83's bullshit.

Fair weathered fans are not needed at Brisbane.

Welcome Howie! Good to see you are with the Broncos through thick and thin.

Funkotron

Juniors
I am disappointed in how the Broncs went last year and I think there are a lot of question marks over the coach and a lot of the players. Actually, it might be more like exclamation marks now. Griffin seems to have a few of his favourites that he's just going to stick with forever, regardless of how they play. Our attack looked really poor and the defence was possibly the worst in the NRL. I am glad there are actual changes happening though. It's still not perfect, but it's a big step forward. Get rid of Griffin and sign Cameron Smith and it'll be closer to two big steps forward.

Howie

Juniors
Welcome Howie! Good to see you are with the Broncos through thick and thin.

Thanks mate.

Really looking forward to the new season. Management made some long overdue tough calls.

We're starting to get a top 4 competitive roster together. Considering we only just missed the 8 in our "worst year" ever, there's plenty of good reasons to still hang in with Brisbane.

Kiwi

First Grade
S glad we ditched him. What a waste of space, I give you Dane Gagai the next Josh Dugan.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ing-maroons-camp/story-fniabjcr-1226810349192

Newcastle Knights centre Dane Gagai went missing after a night out in Brisbane.
Maroons officials desperately attempted to sweep the matter under the carpet, but we can reveal that the 23-year-old had a night on the tiles during the January 17-19 camp and didn't front the next day for training.
The camp was being run by his Newcastle coach Wayne Bennett at the Queensland Academy of Sport in Brisbane.
Gagai, who missed a morning training session but surfaced later in the day, is said to be chastened by the incident.

348495-39b4cbb0-858a-11e3-90a9-2f6f5b597dd3.jpg

Daily Telegraph. Newcastle Knights completing a fitness test as their pre-season training begins at the Forum fitness centre at the Newcastle University. Dane Gagai during the test. Source: News Limited

He lives with his brother in Newcastle and has thrived under Bennett's strict reign.
One source close to the Maroons blamed the incident on the arrogance that comes with winning eight straight series.
Gagai is seen as an option to replace powerhouse centre Justin Hodges, with the Broncos star struggling to be fit for the Origin opener after tearing his achilles tendon late last season.

346943-a1146e6e-858a-11e3-90a9-2f6f5b597dd3.jpg

James Tamou during a North Queensland Cowboys training at 1300 Smiles Stadium. Source: News Limited

NSW officials have taken a different approach to discipline in the lead up to the 2014 series.
Boom prop James Tamou was brushed from last weekend's two-day Origin camp at Homebush, partly because of his pre-season training in Townsville but also because he missed a crucial pre-Christmas meeting.
The Tamou incident shows that Blues coach Laurie Daley isn't afraid to make tough calls.
While logistics made it difficult for the Townsville-based prop to attend, a Blues official said: "We're setting our standards a lot higher."
Tamou missed Origin II last year because of a drink-driving charge but turned his season around.
Blues officials are expecting him to do the same thing in this instance.

1qaz

Juniors
What a horseshit article.
Dane was exempt from the morning session due to personal reasons.. That being he attended a memorial service for his auntie. Show some f**ken respect.

Bretto

Bench
He went out drinking, got spastic drunk, then had a hang over from hell and didn't show up to training. Guy is toxic.

Auntie's funeral - LOL. There was no auntie funeral, buddy.

1qaz

Juniors
Show some respect you disrespectful merkin.
Do you want me to expose more pictures of your fat ass ranga no friends drinking by himself merkin ?

oh what was the link again?

fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/q71/1535540_10201862169689407_2124048891_n.jpg

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Show some respect you disrespectful merkin.
Do you want me to expose more pictures of your fat ass ranga no friends drinking by himself merkin ?

oh what was the link again?

fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/q71/1535540_10201862169689407_2124048891_n.jpg

Maybe Mal needs to show Gagai some respect too does he?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...igin-camp-breach/story-fniabjcr-1226812433213

It wasn't alcohol and it wasn't some made up funeral.

The lazy ass merkin just couldn't get his sh*t together and get to Origin camp training on time. Same sh*t the Broncos sacked him for.

What is it you say? Next challenger or some rubbish?

1qaz

Juniors
s14.postimg.org/qxhw9ano1/image.jpg

Game Set Match to Me AGAIN
Next Challenger please

Latest posts