What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st 3-Mobile Test @ The Gabba :: Nov 20-24 :: Australia won by 149 runs

First 3-Mobile Test result :: Australia vs New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lockyno1

Post Whore
Johnson MOTM, in a way I agree actually.

The way I work it out is that every wicket equals 20 runs (5 wickets is the same as a ton in other words). Johnson got 9 that equals 180 plus his 30 odd with the bat. More than a worthy MOTM

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Locky once again showing how clueless he really is, Kat scored half our runs and carried his bat. only the 10th time an Aussie has done this, but hey sh*tchell got 9 wickets :shock: most of them talienders :roll: decision almost as bad as Locky's MOM.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I would have probably given it to Katich BUT Johnson did get 9 wickets and I can see why they gave it to him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Agree, but in this case his 9 wickets didn't really cause us to win the game. Katich scoring 131* in the second dig did while all the other "stars" failed won us the game.

I would have given it to Katich BUT all I said was 9 wickets is a great performance as well and to be honest they both deserved the MOTM award. I think we should all be happy that Johnson is improving as a test bowler. And WF agreed!:lol:

Blaze

Juniors
Wow, that is probably 1 of the weirdest calls i have seen on here. Who would you be replacing him with, Hopkins ???
McCullum is picked as a keeper, and in that facet of his game, there are very few, if any, better in the world at the moment. We can talk about the batting side of his game, but no other F/C keeper matches or even comes close to his ability in those areas

I am a big Flynn fan, I hope they stick with him, he just has a look about him that suggests a quality career, that will hold more consistency than Ryder and Taylor will produce

Griggs :lol:

Na, I realise McCullum isn't even close to being dropped, but I also reckon that he knows he doesn't have any competition and his performance suffers as a result. I agree that his keeping is top class, but he has consistently underachieved at test level with the bat, and it's very frustrating because our batting is so weak... we need McCullum to be contributing more often than not. He has been promoted basically on the back of ODI and Twenty20 form. He has a lot to prove at Test level, and it's about time he stepped up.

Agree about Flynn. We have the makings of a decent middle order. It's just such a shame that they have to learn their trade at Test level..

JJ

Immortal
McCullum has to bat 7!

How needs to bat time, Redmond is a lost cause... but you can't have a 3-4-5 combo of Ryder, Taylor and McCullum - to ill-disciplined. To be honest Hay or Todd or someone like that should be there soon - Flynn should be 5, clearly

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Johnson MOTM, in a way I agree actually.

The way I work it out is that every wicket equals 20 runs (5 wickets is the same as a ton in other words). Johnson got 9 that equals 180 plus his 30 odd with the bat. More than a worthy MOTM

it was a bowlers wicket and 130 not out on that type of wicket is a much greater performance imo

just look at t other batsmen's scores

JJ

Immortal
Katch was clearly the difference - Johnson imo didn't bowl disceribly better than Clark, Southee, O'Brien and Martin (and even Lee and Watson)

lockyno1

Post Whore
it was a bowlers wicket and 130 not out on that type of wicket is a much greater performance imo

just look at t other batsmen's scores

Sort of makes up for the other matches on a flat pitches, the batsmen get the MOTM awards. Good to see a bowler rewarded for once

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sort of makes up for the other matches on a flat pitches, the batsmen get the MOTM awards. Good to see a bowler rewarded for once

eh?

Sharma got player of the series in india, and Khan MOM in the first test match

Katich ripped off, pretty easy to see that if you know your cricket

lockyno1

Post Whore
eh?

Sharma got player of the series in india, and Khan MOM in the first test match

Katich ripped off, pretty easy to see that if you know your cricket

Rarely do bowlers get MOTM, in fact I'd wager it at being less than 20% in recent times

hineyrulz

Post Whore
FFS Katich carried his bat on a bowlers wicket, and you could see how they gave the MOM to Johnson :? Most of his wickets were the tail anyway. He was NOT the difference,Katich was.