What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st 3-Mobile Test @ The Gabba :: Nov 20-24 :: Australia won by 149 runs

First 3-Mobile Test result :: Australia vs New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JJ

Immortal
Bizarre - Watson and Krezja were the two who kept the last test respectable...

I'd have thought NZ was a prime test to keep developing these guys in - Symonds could always come back later if he actually did something to justify it

aussies1st

Staff member
Watson was our best bowler in India..and it is only the Kiwis!

Problem is he had a lower average than both White and Haddin with the bat. Hes there as a batsmen first bowler second. And the fact it is the Kiwis is even more reason why Hilfy should have got a go.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Problem is he had a lower average than both White and Haddin with the bat. Hes there as a batsmen first bowler second. And the fact it is the Kiwis is even more reason why Hilfy should have got a go.

I would not have been against Hilfy given a go- replacing Johnson though not Watson imo. Watson should play ahead of Kreija, lets be realistic, as decent as he was in India, he averages 50 with the ball in FC cricket in Australia. I have my doubts. Watson at least will suit these conditions and both the all-rounders can fight for one position in Adelaide.

aussies1st

Staff member
I still would have had Watson in over Symonds. Krejza should have been given a chance to show what he can do. We have to remember that even the great spinners have struggled in India yet Krejza has managed what they couldn't in leaving India with a bowling average less than 30.

Anyway Watson confirmed in the 11 by Pup.

Timbo

Staff member
How Symonds gets a gig over Krezja I don't know. Symonds has done nothing to justify being in the side.

We've learned NOTHING from playing in India, they're more concerned about being able to bat to 8 or 9 then take 20 wickets.

I hope the Kiwi's give it to us.

It's time for this bunch of idiot selectors to get the arse.

aussies1st

Staff member
Have to say I agree with Taylor, we have picked our pitch based on today. I will be LMAO if we again struggle to bowl NZ out cause we had no spinner.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Watson is in, Crazy is 12th man

Mark Taylor has accused the Aussies of picked a team for day 1 and not for day 5, he makes a good point.

"If you cant bowl them out with 3 you probably wont bowl them out with 4 medium pacers"

JJ

Immortal
Watson is in, Crazy is 12th man

Mark Taylor has accused the Aussies of picked a team for day 1 and not for day 5, he makes a good point.

"If you cant bowl them out with 3 you probably wont bowl them out with 4 medium pacers"

I agree with the 3 vs 4 medium pacers.

Wrong to drop Watson, wrong to drop Krezja - had to be Symonds...

But to be fair I don't think day 5 should come into Aust's thinking against us, day 4 should only be a passing concern... our batting lineup is woeful and has no experience... if we last to day 5, it will have been an incompetent Australian effort

lockyno1

Post Whore
I still would have had Watson in over Symonds. Krejza should have been given a chance to show what he can do. We have to remember that even the great spinners have struggled in India yet Krejza has managed what they couldn't in leaving India with a bowling average less than 30.

Anyway Watson confirmed in the 11 by Pup.

I'd agree, I am not sure what Symonds has done. Sorry, but to me you should show SOME domestic form first. I would have played Hilfenhaus over Johnson as well and see how he went.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I agree with the 3 vs 4 medium pacers.

Wrong to drop Watson, wrong to drop Krezja - had to be Symonds...

But to be fair I don't think day 5 should come into Aust's thinking against us, day 4 should only be a passing concern... our batting lineup is woeful and has no experience... if we last to day 5, it will have been an incompetent Australian effort

Depends if we bat 3 days:lol:

JJ

Immortal
Wow - we've left Mills out... surprising. Good to see Southee have a go though, he's a terrific prospect by anybody's standards

JJ

Immortal
Kiwis win the toss and bowl, could we see another Vaughan moment?

Wuite possibly - but our batting lineup just can't be relied on to get through an hour of difficulty...

Be interested to see what you guys think of Southee - best player at the u/19 world cup, and a pretty level headed kid

Latest posts