What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ASHES TEST: @ Edgbaston, Birmingham June 16-20, 2023

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Head is the obvious option.

Marsh has done well with the ball in England. Averages 15. Unfortunately his batting average is even lower at 14. Risky using him in the middle order.

Neser is handy with the bat so he is absolutely getting a run in this series.
I can see Neser coming in for Boland unless Boland has a blinder of a second innings. The poms look like they are going to target Boland, he went at over 6 in the first dig.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
need a 100 run lead thanks boys, more would be better but its gonna get down to Oozie and Carey, I can't see us getting much from the bowlers

Bazal

Post Whore
Head doesn't open in England. Too much swing.

Also why weaken 5 to get a handful more runs at the top? He's ranked number 3 in the world atm batting 5

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Head doesn't open in England. Too much swing.

Also why weaken 5 to get a handful more runs at the top? He's ranked number 3 in the world atm batting 5
Crazy to suggest moving Head unless everyone moves up 1 spot with Labs to open for Warner and then pick someone new to bat 5. At this point I don't think anyone is really demanding to be picked to open.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Crazy to suggest moving Head unless everyone moves up 1 spot with Labs to open for Warner and then pick someone new to bat 5. At this point I don't think anyone is really demanding to be picked to open.
I’d give Warner one more test. We know how the poms are going to play, we know what shit wickets they’re going to dish up. Send Davey out there with his T20 bat, tell him go bananas, if he goes cheaply it’s not like we’re missing out. If it works, keep him going all series.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If Warner keeps getting out to Broad you've got to move him on. That said, he could have chopped that on against any bowler.

Latest posts