What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ASHES TEST: @ Edgbaston, Birmingham June 16-20, 2023

Apologies for this lil tanty.

I’m loving the commentary.
They slurped the English cocks, who could do no wrong. Australia were failing, flailing and tut tut tut.
f**k em.
Uzi is a star, the weakness to spin crap got brought up again when he was facing Ali in the 50s. f**k off merkins.
Ponting - f**k me mate, you a Strayan or what!?! Mel Jones carping on about how England are in ascendancy. It felt like it was 1985 era Australia were touring.
Three days to go of this shit and my mute button is getting a real work out.

Cmon Uzi, Cmon Carey!

simmo1

First Grade
First 4 wickets were very ordinary. Green not much better but a bit unlucky he got the only ball that actually did something off this dead wicket.

Great knock from Khawaja. Carey is having a good couple of tests with the bat.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Its interesting/disturbing how Australia has gone backwards in the things we used to have an advantage with over other teams.

Rotating the strike/quick singles: the amount of times we hit the fielder or declined runs yesterday was very poor.
Running between the wickets in general has also declined.
Fielding: Smith and Green apart our fielding is no longer special. Too many blokes to hide, Khawaja, Head, Lyon. Our field placements are stock standard defensive as well.
Lower order batting. I've never seen such a long tail. Cummins has declined so far that he probably should be at 10. Even Starc is no longer capable of any meaningful runs.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Really need to try get approx 100 lead, preferably lot more if we can.

Some of our guys got themselves out rather than any good bowling , and Smiths dismissal was an ordinary DRS

Not sure we want or be chasing anything beyond 250 last innings

Anyhow I’m off the the Tina Turner musical tonight 🎶 🎼 so will miss the first session. Hopefully we are still batting well after lunch 🙏

Test cricket simply the best

Edit : Just saw Jokers post that will rain today . Might not even miss a ball then 🤔

BunniesMan

Immortal
How good is test cricket. Evenly matched but we've been lucky. Bairstow had a horror day, and we've given away a few easy wickets. But Khawaja is a bloody legend, and he is the reason we are in with a chance of a 1st innings lead. We need Uzzie and Carey to get a big chunk of the remaining deficit because as others have said I don't fancy our tail anymore.

Anything from a 50 run deficit to a 100 run lead is in play. Also the rain will be a factor, if it just rains uninterrupted it might be better for us. But if it comes and goes and there is time for those annoying little sessions between periods of rain, in overcast conditions, we might just get skittled.

Eelectrica

Referee
With our tail as long as it is I don’t think Warner is a luxury we can continue to afford.
More miss than hit these days. Which ever option we choose I think would be better than going with Warner.

Marcus Harris replacing Warner could be a minor upgrade.
Renshaw didn’t failed in India. Higher ceiling than Harris. Has failed to grasp opportunities is might babe no improvement either.

Final option is Head to open and Marsh to 5. Two all rounders in the team though.

Bancroft hasn’t done that great in county cricket so not an option, setting everything else aside with Bancroft.

Fangs

Coach
With our tail as long as it is I don’t think Warner is a luxury we can continue to afford.
More miss than hit these days. Which ever option we choose I think would be better than going with Warner.

Marcus Harris replacing Warner could be a minor upgrade.
Renshaw didn’t failed in India. Higher ceiling than Harris. Has failed to grasp opportunities is might babe no improvement either.

Final option is Head to open and Marsh to 5. Two all rounders in the team though.

Bancroft hasn’t done that great in county cricket so not an option, setting everything else aside with Bancroft.

Head is the obvious option.

Marsh has done well with the ball in England. Averages 15. Unfortunately his batting average is even lower at 14. Risky using him in the middle order.

Neser is handy with the bat so he is absolutely getting a run in this series.

Latest posts