What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ASHES TEST: @ Edgbaston, Birmingham June 16-20, 2023

BunniesMan

Immortal
I actually do see the sense in a defensive field against these bazball merkins. They are so wildly aggressive you will always have a chance at a wicket. You don't need a bunch of catchers close in when batters are playing like this. It is basically an ODI in whites. But a defensive field does have them scoring less than they want which might lead to even more risk taking.

BunniesMan

Immortal
That howler by Erasmus is actually the type of decision the review system is there for. Not the grey area calls. I wish captains only used it in cases like that

Hutty1986

Immortal
I actually do see the sense in a defensive field against these bazball merkins. They are so wildly aggressive you will always have a chance at a wicket. You don't need a bunch of catchers close in when batters are playing like this. It is basically an ODI in whites. But a defensive field does have them scoring less than they want which might lead to even more risk taking.
Shut up, Meg.

gUt

Coach
@mods I guess I discovered a way to get around the f@cking word filter?

yeah I sure did lol