What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Chappell/Hadlee Trophy Match AUS v NZ @ WACA

Blaze

Juniors
btw I've heard a lot about how it looked out for all money live... have always fancied myself as a very fine umpire and I called it over the top live... don't know whether it was out of desperation, but it didn't look or sound right.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Well nothing more is going to come of it, Haddin will be playing still and I think both sides will have to move on from this and quickly. I hate what happened but it's done. Let the players attack each other on the field where it will count the most and El Diablo is asleep...

JoeD

First Grade
Going back to the Dussey incident. Anyone got atheory on why there was a sound on the stump mike that everyone heard yet no reading on snicko?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Going back to the Dussey incident. Anyone got atheory on why there was a sound on the stump mike that everyone heard yet no reading on snicko?

I didn't hear anything

McCullum IS slimy as f*ck imo. I don't think NZ have any moral high ground to fall back on.

Dee

Juniors
I was a bit confused on that issue too...As far as I was aware, Snicko is just the sound wave graph of the stump microphone...I heard the a snick as the ball passed the bat in the coverage, but there wasn't anything on snicko. :?

scottyeel

Bench
the commentators all claimed they heard a sound, and it wasn't just McCullum that went up, they all did.
Wicketkeeper and bowler nearly always go up when the ball is close to the batsman and down leg side to try and make the umpire think it wasn't a wide.

scottyeel

Bench
No, they don't. The keeper usually whips the bails off.
Umm, yeah. Like McCullum did when Hussey was incorrectly given out.:roll:
And it's a bit hard to whip the bails off when they are standing 15 metres back.;-)

GTF

Juniors
Umm, yeah. Like McCullum did when Hussey was incorrectly given out.:roll:
And it's a bit hard to whip the bails off when they are standing 15 metres back.;-)

You are using one example to demonstrate your point?

The keeper doesn't 'appeal' to the umpire as such, he usually just whips the bails off to try and distract the umpire from giving a wide, which never really works anyway.

Mcullums appeal clearly wasn't to stop the umpire giving a wide, otherwise the bowler wouldn't have gone up as well.