What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Chappell/Hadlee Trophy Match AUS v NZ @ WACA

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Who is Michael Clark and what team does he play for?

A little tip...if you are going to be a typical kiwi and accuse an aussie of cheating, then make sure you get the player's name correct.

A little tip, if spelling errors are all you got then shut the f**k up.

Thomas

First Grade
A little tip, if spelling errors are all you got then shut the f**k up.

Oh I don't mind spelling errors. Everyone does them...but you were doing the 'kiwi thing' and accusing a player of cheating.

You'd think, if that incident was playing so much on your mind, then you'd get his name right. Kiwi's have never claimed catches that, upon a billion slow mo replays later, weren't actually a catch?

No...of course not.

Silly kiwis...

Meth

Staff member
Oh I don't mind spelling errors. Everyone does them...but you were doing the 'kiwi thing' and accusing a player of cheating.

Doesn't explain why you pulled him up on his spelling, sidestepping the main issue

Thomas

First Grade
Doesn't explain why you pulled him up on his spelling, sidestepping the main issue

eh?

Accusing someone of being a cheat is a particularly nasty thing to do (but apparently a very kiwi thing). You'd think the accuser would at least get the persons name right.

Meth

Staff member
Getting the spelling right wouldn't validate the claim nor is the claim disqualified on account of a spelling mistake.

I didn't think too much of bringing up the Clarke incident either- but pulling him up on a spelling mistake is impotent

Thomas

First Grade
Precious kiwis.

Of course no New Zealand cricket player has ever done anything bad on a cricket pitch...EVER!

Meth

Staff member
Of course no New Zealand cricket player has ever done anything bad on a cricket pitch...EVER!

Who says?

For someone who is so precious about spelling, you're pretty terrible at reading

Thomas

First Grade
So whenever a kiwi player catches a bump ball it is fine to call him a cheat?

Can I do that?

Awesome.

I have an issue with the word cheat. To cheat is to knowingly do something against the rules. As for the Clarke bump ball incident, f**k, he probably thought he caught it too.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haddin most likely knew that putting his gloves in front of the stumps was against the rules.....just saying.

Meth

Staff member
You don't have to open the thread

I would be sleepy too if I had to be around you all day

Batman Returns

Juniors
I just dunno why Haddin was telling Ponting on the field that he was positive that the ball flicked the off bail if there was absolutely no doubt that Broom was out bowled. Everyones c**k-a-hoop about Broom being out bowled and Haddin goes up and says "gee Rick, I think that clipped the off bail". Unless they were discussing the issue of what Haddin had done with his gloves, why would Haddin say that? Ponting would've looked at him like he was mad. It all stinks. Anyway, I think if Haddin is upset about being called a cheat they should just say he's gutless instead cos he didn't want to upset his team-mates by doing the right thing. It's a stain on his character he'll have to live with, but sport is pretty cut-throat I guess.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
So whenever a kiwi player catches a bump ball it is fine to call him a cheat?

Can I do that?

Awesome.

I have an issue with the word cheat. To cheat is to knowingly do something against the rules. As for the Clarke bump ball incident, f**k, he probably thought he caught it too.

Incidents, there were two of them. Dravid and McGlasson

Batman Returns

Juniors
Hey, NZ won the game. I'm not whingeing about Haddin. What he did just wasn't worth it. I thought he was a good bloke. Karma came around and bit him.

Latest posts