What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st November

MilkShark

First Grade
Sure, but do you really think clubs like us have the same access to money as a single-city team with 5 million people?
Of course not, but one would think with everything the club has going for it we might be able to pickup a good sponsor.

But we can't, so we need to ask ourselves why?

sharkman73

Juniors
Of course not, but one would think with everything the club has going for it we might be able to pickup a good sponsor.

But we can't, so we need to ask ourselves why?

The conversation was around teams dropping off after a GF win, but Melbourne don't.

My point is they have more TPA's than any other club, substantially more. So not really fair to compare them to us in that regard.

Besides, we haven't really dropped off that much.

When did Melbourne have a decline?

Why repeat the mistakes of the past? They know what the issues were and now it’s looking likely again.

f**k me, we won the Comp and still struggle to attract a decent sponsor. We make the top 4 and wont have a naming sponsor for the ground.

If you lot are happy with the direction of the club then good for you. Don’t be blinded by 1 premiership and thinking that will still be relevant in 10 years. Systems should have been in place to keep the club relevant.

My concern is the downward spiral off the field will inevitably cause a downward slide on the premiership table.

Prove me wrong
I knew you would say that. Melbourne aren’t allowed to decline. They are in Melbourne and have to survive and thrive.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Here is what we named.

2019_squads_sharks-1.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
No Hayne in the eels squad of 28.

Tell me we have at least inquired..................

snout

First Grade
Here is what we named.

2019_squads_sharks-1.jpg
Alphabetical on first names?

Bunker mustve put that together.

Im not getting the Hayne love.
Doesnt everyone know the guy is a bum.

His NFL team. Titans. Eels.

Hes the kiss of death.

Quigs

Immortal
I've heard that Haynes Management Team has been in secret talks with the Central Coast Marineers. Apparently there is a bit of cash freed up and maybe a vacancy in their squad.

AJB1102

First Grade
You are more than welcome to him. He was f**king abysmal in 2018 for us.

I think there is a devastating backrower in there based on his physical attributes but yeah he was rubbish in 2018. Even at his best thats not a good trade for Holmes.

Stake Removed

First Grade
We are light on for halves/hookers

Moylan/Flanno/CT = halves, Hoping Trindall comes along quick he looks the goods
Brailey/Brailey = rakes, cant afford injury

This is where Lewis lost continues to hit, yes superstar backrower, but at pinch still he could cover outside backs, even here if half went down he can do the job, or jump into dummy half, honestly can that of any other player in any club that could cover so many options, his loss is really going to hurt

fizman

Bench
How did we Go

Well....Sosia Feki was just about to score in the corner when Billy Slater came in with the shoulder charge. The game turned in our favour when Billy was sent to the.......oh wait, that didn’t happen.

Yeah, we lost.