What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia v Sri Lanka at Melbourne Nov 3 2010

chefman21

Juniors
We are absolutely no chance for the world cup. We better get picked with Kenya, Canada, Netherlands and Ireland in our group....

Haha..

Surely that will teach the clueless Ricky Ponting haters..

No ponting in sight yet sri-lanka manage 130 with their 8th Wicket.

Steve Smith 3 overs for 8 runs speaks volumes.

Matt23

Staff member
Bring back Brett Lee, at least he bowls at the f**king stumps unlike Siddle, Johnson & Hastings, and Pup are you Ponting in disguise?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Stunned...WTF happened? IF there is a reason for him not bowling Smith, then I feel for Clarke. His "strike" bowlers threw down absolute pus all night, I would be shocked to hear that there were more than six yorkers bowled. Horrible, horrible bowling, back of a length in the slot stuff and Sri Lanka lapped it up.

But there better be a good reason he didn't give it back to Smith
I think Hastings bowled 2, that was some of the worst bowling i have ever seen. Clarke stuck by his two super test stars and thet bowled absolute horsehit. Now Clarke is blamiing Smiths back for no having another bowl :? He looked alright in that run out.......

beads6

First Grade
I think Brett Lee is a must, really hope Harris is back and fit also. Our best quick attack would be Bollinger, Lee and Harris IMO.

Absolute horsesh*t from Johnson, Siddle and Watson. Watson and Johnson will hand the Ashes on a silver platter to the Poms. These two routinely release any sort of pressure on the game when we're in a good position.

I liked Mathews quote "I wanted to keep strike against Johnson" ofcourse you did no batsman in their right mind would give strike away from a pie chucker.

Wow.

Embarrassing, to say the very least

Not as bad as losing a series to Bangladesh though so it isn't that embarrassing...yet.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Haha..

Surely that will teach the clueless Ricky Ponting haters..

No ponting in sight yet sri-lanka manage 130 with their 8th Wicket.

Steve Smith 3 overs for 8 runs speaks volumes.
Didn't see captain Clueless in India??? Ponting had his fingerprints all over tonights performance.

beads6

First Grade
Absolute horsesh*t from Johnson, Siddle and Watson. Watson and Johnson will hand the Ashes on a silver platter to the Poms. These two routinely release any sort of pressure on the game when we're in a good position.

I liked Mathews quote "I wanted to keep strike against Johnson" ofcourse you did no batsman in their right mind would give strike away from a pie chucker.

Not as bad as losing a series to Bangladesh though so it isn't that embarrassing...yet.

Do you have a clue though seriously???:crazy:

beads6

First Grade
Didn't see captain Clueless in India??? Ponting had his fingerprints all over tonights performance.

Clarke has learnt plenty from Punter and that is the trouble. Hopefully Warney has a lot more to do with Australian cricket when/if Pup is made captain.

Bring back Brett Lee, at least he bowls at the f**king stumps unlike Siddle, Johnson & Hastings, and Pup are you Ponting in disguise?

Some idiots will never learn...

Yeah great captaincy by Clarke tonight. Maybe it's pontings fault our bowlers can't bowl a yorker or for the middle order collapsing.

Last edited:

joseph1

Juniors
That was bad. Still hope for Australia but your bowlers need an absolute shollacking. And Brett Lee and Ryan Harris are a must. They are more accurate. Lee with 2 yorkers could have finished the game in the 30th over.. Gee its a long way to the 4th world cup.???

Do you have a clue though seriously???:crazy:

Nah man so it's up to you to enlighten me. Johnson bowled short all night and was easily dispatched and bowled 5 or 6 wides, Siddle was short and Watson was useless aswell. The slow bowlers, Doherty picks up 4 wickets, Clarke goes for 2 runs off 1 over and Smith goes for 7 or 8 off 3. We had them 8 down for a little over 100 then brought those three pie chuckers on who bowled short and made life easy for the batsman.

The only clueless one is you. Ponting was nowhere to be seen yet that was australia's biggest choke ever. Prove positive that the problem is not the captaincy.

Latest posts