What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia vs. West Indies at Perth 1st Feb, 2013

Here is the squad for the first 2 games. DHussey axed, dropped, left out, rested, however you want to call it.

Squad: Michael Clarke (c), George Bailey, Ben Cutting, Xavier Doherty, Aaron Finch, Moises Henriques, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...r-odi-axing-20130125-2db69.html#ixzz2IxHG4K41

Looks like we'll have more opportunities to see just how shit Maxwell is.. Seriously how on earth does this bogan keep getting chances? He can't bowl and he can't bat.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lets cut out the middlemen and give Australia what we want. Bob Niney back in the side.

As captain.

Dutchy

Immortal
1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Hughes
4. Clarke
5. Bailey
6. Wade
7. Henriques
8. Starc
9. Johnson
10. McKay/Cutting
11. Doherty

JW

Coach
F**king Maxwell again.

The thing that shits me with these selectors (and the last lot) is that they give the nuffies so many chances that when they eventually turn in a decent effort (which is bound to happen for anyone) they use it to vindicate their decision and keep them in the team indefinitely.

Shitchell is a perfect example. Marcus North another.

And yet you see how guys like Khawaja get treated...

As soon as the Excitement Package scores more than 9, he'll be in the team for good.

Last edited:

Squeezer

Juniors
If we are going to have Quiney back in the side as skipper and batting at 9, why not have him keep wicket as well? He kept wicket for Shane Warnes jerks, so that should be good enough.

And the other bonus is that we can have Hughes keep wicket when Bobby decides its time to send down his gentle medium pacers..

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Niney's test career showed us that he was a better bowler than batsman, and by f**k he was a shit bowler.

On the squad, interesting that Finch is back. Cover for Clarke or will HAHA or Warner be rotated? Why drop Hussey and retain clueless Bailey?
Henriques deserves a few more games, Maxwell doesn't.

You'd expect the Windies to play the fast bowlers better than the Lankans do, especially with the likes of Gayle and Pollard playing big wank.

Could be a good if meaningless series.

snoozer

Bench
I don't know about the rest of you clowns but this ongoing selection farce has just about killed any interest in the shorter form of the game.

I really couldn't care less any more.

Xfactor1979

Bench
You left out a couple of meaningless t20 internationals between Aus and SL

Australia seem to play Sri Lanka an awful lot in Australia

The big tough toughguys Need some minnow bashing?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
imagine if Oozie got as many chance as Mawwell

he really must have something on the fossil

if you look at his action and seam rotation he pretty just bowls toppies or arm balls which means the ball doesn't spin

seriously, I just dont get it

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
under Clarkes captaincy (13 ODIs) Cullum Ferguson averages 59.00, S/R 86.76

We talk about how khawaja is treated, but how about this bloke???

Earl

Coach
To be fair, he hasn't really recaptured the same form since he was injured a few seasons back.

Kiwi

First Grade
Quick question

What do these two have over the selectors Moises Henriques and Glenn Maxwell??????? I'll be farked if I can see why they are selected.