What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia vs. West Indies at Perth 1st Feb, 2013

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
This has been the worst summer of ODI's I can ever recall.

This match is f**king abysmal as a lead up to possibly one of the toughest years of cricket the Australian team has ever had to undergo.

Can't help but think that we are going to get owned by a bog average Indian Bowling attackbefore being carved up royally by the poms in consecutive series.

typicalfan

Coach
I think Australia should have raffled up the batting order to keep us guessing who would be out next. At least it would have been a little entertaining.

undertaker

Coach
First 4 tests were fine? Rotation policy ruining Australia's series against South Africa and the best Sri Lankan players got injured like Sangakarra and Kulesekera. ODI series with Sri Lanka had two short games and a farcical wash out and a short one here today.

This summer, only the Adelaide and Hobart tests were the ones that had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. The test in Brisbane would've made for an interesting finish had a whole day not been washed out. That match was always going to be a draw once the washout occurred.

The ODI series vs Sri Lanka was a farce. The first three games were extremely one-sided (not to mention our abysmal batting performance in Brisbane, one of the worst ODI performances I've seen from us since I started following cricket), the "wash out" in Sydney was disgraceful and we were comfortably in control in Hobart once we had Sri Lanka 4-5 wickets down in their innings.

The T20 matches...I couldn't care less other than the fact Maxwell acted like an absolute gimp in Melbourne. An embarrassment to Australian players in years gone by who acted with integrity and played the game in the right spirit

undertaker

Coach
The tri-series last season was far more interesting than the 5 game ODI series we've been playing over the last few years.

My ideal summer this season would've been:

5 test series vs South Africa
1 T20 each vs Sri Lanka and West Indies
ODI tri-series (9-12 matches + best of three final series) vs Sri Lanka and West Indies

On a serious side, Maxwell has no technique.. The Indians are going to eat him up and barely shit a pelt. He might be a good T20 player and doing his best Hulk impression against a tiny chase. But if the WIndies scored 300.. Or if we're down 4/40 in a test.. What then?

undertaker

Coach
This is going to be over within the next 10-20 minutes. I feel sorry for all those fans who forked out big money (as you've seen on Ticketek numerous times, going to the cricket these days ain't cheap) to see this crap. Gives fans more of a reason to stay at home when they get this crap dished up.

I was thinking of potentially buying tickets to the much anticipated Ashes at the end of the year, but there's no way I will be forking out $150+ for a ticket at the SCG if nuffies like Maxwell are selected in the side and think they can succeed by wildly swinging their bat using no footwork. It shows the highest form of the game no respect at all.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: @ Brayderp and Slats fapping over Maxwells innings. Sure has played some good shots but he could have been out at any time.

undertaker

Coach
And sadly, I hate to say this, but this cavalier 50 from Maxwell is definitely going to keep him in the side for quite some time.

And as another member on this forum said, he's going to be severely exposed in India if he bats like this in the test series.