What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia vs. West Indies at Perth 1st Feb, 2013

Xfactor1979

Bench
I agree except most of them can't stop talking about AFL.

Lets talk about the prospects of Brisbane's team in the National code, the Brisbane Lions and their prospects for winning the national competition this year

Oh.. but, you dont play "football" AFL in Qld?

Oh, but you dont play "football" AFL (please dont call it that!) in Sydney?

Crap!

Well... to the national audience, its only 1.20pm over there in Perth at the moment :crazy:

undertaker

Coach
Now, here's the question that was asked in the ODI at The Gabba and I will ask it again: if we bowl out the Windies soon and furthermore, chase down the target before the tea break at 5:50pm AEDST, will they play a T20 match or something similar to give the fans their money's worth?

undertaker

Coach
Also, who's the idiot at CA who thought it was an intelligent idea to schedule the same ODI fixture at the same ground twice within 3 days? I can understand like in 2008/09 where we played the Saffers at the WACA before playing New Zealand at the WACA (since we were playing two different teams), but to play the same team at the same ground again on Sunday is a joke.

Given the Windies crap performance today, I think that isn't going to entice more fans in Perth to attend on Sunday

Xfactor1979

Bench
Also, who's the idiot at CA who thought it was an intelligent idea to schedule the same ODI fixture at the same ground twice within 3 days? I can understand like in 2008/09 where we played the Saffers at the WACA before playing New Zealand at the WACA (since we were playing two different teams), but to play the same team at the same ground again on Sunday is a joke and given the Windies crap performance today, I think that isn't going to entice more fans in Perth to attend on Sunday

what made even less sense was how they played the prime ministers 11 in Canberra, and then scheduled the match over there to Perth

In American sports they at least have the commonsense to play teams in "logical" road trips rather than send them here, there and everywhere

The itinerary for the Australian cricket team in the ODIs->
Melbourne-> Adelaide-> Brisbane (why?) -> Sydney -> Hobart (why?)-> Melbourne -> Perth?

Can the national selectors adopt the "top 4 players of the team" must always play strategy, and the rest of the squad can be made up of locals?

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Maybe they can play a Twenty20 after this to fill in some time

Now, here's the question that was asked in the ODI at The Gabba and I will ask it again: if we bowl out the Windies soon and furthermore, chase down the target before the tea break at 5:50pm AEDST, will they play a T20 match or something similar to give the fans their money's worth?

This is the match I was referring to in another thread where another (25 over/side) match was played between Australia A and Sri Lanka 10 years ago at the Adelaide Oval after the Sri Lankans got skittled for 65 in the 50 over/side match:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/127623.html