What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia vs. West Indies at Perth 1st Feb, 2013

Why the f**k is Maxwell opening for? f**k the free ride this dickhead is getting in Australian cricket is disgusting.

Xfactor1979

Bench
This is the match I was referring to in another thread where another (25 over/side) match was played between Australia A and Sri Lanka 10 years ago at the Adelaide Oval after the Sri Lankans got skittled for 65 in the 50 over/side match:

Nein, nein, nein, nein, nein!

The people from the city of Perth dont deserve another game!

Theres 2 and a half men, anger management and 2 broke girl repeats to entertain your evening/ entice you to go out

undertaker

Coach
what made even less sense was how they played the prime ministers 11 in Canberra, and then scheduled the match over there to Perth

In American sports they at least have the commonsense to play teams in "logical" road trips rather than send them here, there and everywhere

100% agree, especially with the part in bold

I could cop it if we were playing a different side in Perth on Sunday (like in the old tri-series format when double headers where scheduled in Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane) like Sri Lanka, New Zealand, or whoever. But, to play the same fixture twice at the same venue within three days is a joke and a reminder of how devalued the ODI format has become. It's little wonder why ODIs haven't sold out in this country on a regular basis for a long time when this is one of the starting points.

Remember the days of the tri-series format when the WACA, Adelaide Oval, SCG, Gabba, Bellerive always sold out whenever Australia (and when it was very difficult to get tickets to those fixtures) was playing and the MCG regularly got 60-70k+? The so-called popular form of the game according to CA - T20 cricket - couldn't even get 40k at the MCG last week!

undertaker

Coach
Brayshaw: "Maxwell charging the fast bowlers is shades of Kim Hughes from the '70s"

Yeah, well when you are only chasing a target of 71, of course you can afford to be carefree. I don't think he'd be batting like that if we had to chase even 171

BunniesMan

Immortal
f**k off Maxwell. I don't want to see his ugly face. Farcical that he's been given this.

Khawaja gets dropped after one game, then when he does get another game they don't even let him open to chase 71. And at the expense of this shithead who will get another 12 months of games based on this.

Latest posts