What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st T20 Australia v Pakistan at SCG, Nov 3 2019

undertaker

Coach
GAME OFFICIALLY CALLED OFF, even before the so-called 5:58pm cutoff time.

Amateur hour stuff. If ICC T20 World Cup organisers want people to fork out big dollars for the World Cup next year, they've definitely got to change the rain revision/innings break duration/cut off time rules. I definitely wouldnt be happy today to pay $110 to only see 18.1 overs of cricket.

Last edited:

TIGER14

Bench
Glad I didn't pay $80 for a ticket then.

Apparently there has to be less than 6 overs played in the match to get a refund.

If I was there tonight I'd be demanding my money back.

typicalfan

Coach
This is an example of everything wrong with cricket right now. Both teams at one point and the fans shafted most of all.

TheParraboy

Staff member
GAME OFFICIALLY CALLED OFF, even before the so-called 5:58pm cutoff time.

Amateur hour stuff. If ICC T20 World Cup organisers want people to fork out big dollars for the World Cup next year, they've definitely got to change the rain revision/innings break duration/cut off time rules. I definitely wouldnt be happy today to pay $110 to only see 18.1 overs of cricket.

Not only that the Mens WC is in September/October, starts when the footy finals are on

Don't know about my fellow Eels cricket colleagues but im spending my coin on accommodation / flights and game tickets on Parra this time

69-05-41

Juniors
When are they going to retire the SCG? Transport and parking are woeful as are facilities at the ground. As a former member it seems to rain disproportionately more at the SCG than elsewhere in Sydney or at other international cricket grounds.

TheParraboy

Staff member
When are they going to retire the SCG? Transport and parking are woeful as are facilities at the ground. As a former member it seems to rain disproportionately more at the SCG than elsewhere in Sydney or at other international cricket grounds.

Yeah, Two SCG tests washed out last 5 years (vs WI and Ind)
Hopefully not this year

undertaker

Coach
Not only that the Mens WC is in September/October, starts when the footy finals are on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_ICC_T20_World_Cup

It runs during October 18 - November 15, starting a couple of weeks after the Grand Final.

However, the biggest test will be if the SCG is ready for their first World Cup match on October 24, given the NRL Grand Final is also held at the same venue on October 4, and some state matches this cricket season had to be relocated to other venues because of a Roosters training session before the Grand Final.

undertaker

Coach
Game is finishing around 7pm anyway, don’t see what the big deal it going a little later. The crowd paid for 40 overs.

Given the matches start at 2pm and 7pm and the average duration of a T20 is 3-3.5 hours, as I said in a previous post, tournament organisers have GOT to change the rule regarding cutoff times to allow the maximum amount of time available to complete a 20 over/side match. If you are going to charge high prices for a premium event, fans deserve their moneys' worth rather than the schemozzle which occurred today.

2pm matches should be allowed up to nearly 7pm for completion (factoring in all delays, such as rain, major injuries etc.), and likewise 7pm matches upto nearly midnight. So that is approx 5hrs allowed, compared to the 3hrs 21mins today.

TheParraboy

Staff member

It runs during October 18 - November 15, starting a couple of weeks after the Grand Final.

However, the biggest test will be if the SCG is ready for their first World Cup match on October 24, given the NRL Grand Final is also held at the same venue on October 4, and some state matches this cricket season had to be relocated to other venues because of a Roosters training session before the Grand Final.

There you go, the unprofessionalism of Fox

They were harping about both world cups yesterday (mens and womens) and clearly said the Mens tournament is September and October

Makes damm sense to hold it well after the footy. Would make better sense if it was held couple weeks after the SCG test

undertaker

Coach
There you go, the unprofessionalism of Fox

They were harping about both world cups yesterday (mens and womens) and clearly said the Mens tournament is September and October

Makes damm sense to hold it well after the footy. Would make better sense if it was held couple weeks after the SCG test

Ive noticed numerous factual errors on several Fox Sports/Telegraph articles in recent times. Its as if the writers dont bother to check or proof read anything they write. Making up statistics on the fly.

Latest posts