What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st T20 Int'l: Sun 11 Jan - Australia d. South Africa by 52 runs @ MCG

aqua_duck

Coach
.. and Reardon isn't far behind him .. should be in the side as well ..
lol reardon averages 23 and has a strike rate of 80 in one dayers, and in 20/20 he averages 15 with a strike rate of 122, warner has an average of 52 in one dayers with a strike rate of 117, and in 20/20 he averages 31 and strikes at over 156, if you ask me he's pretty far behind in all catergories, averages less than half as many runs in both forms and significantly lower strike rate

:crazy::crazy: :lol::lol:

Siddle is miles in front of the other two. Bollinger granted question marks remain.

Tait to SA to do what play in tests don't think so. He has come out himself and stated he isn't ready for test cricket.

His body does not hold up to the rigours of playing test cricket he has also proven that mentally he can't do it. He is a long way away from being a test player both physically and mentally.

Hilfenhaus I would have ahead of Bollinger. I think Hilfenhaus will come of age on the Ashes Tour.

But your man love for Shaun Tait is ridiculous. If Tait can bowl like that at the end of the day after bowling 20 overs and standing in the sun fielding all day and do it consistently. Then he may be worth a look at as a test cricketer.

But, then again, if Bollinger hadn't have had 3 catches dropped and a few close LBW shouts turned down, he might have had a haul of at least 5 wickets for the match. Let's just say that if two guys are making their debuts and one takes 5 wickets and the other takes none, but 10 catches are dropped from his bowling, I would probably go with him for the next test.
Bowling is all about luck, pure and simple. While Mitch was busy getting 10 wickets in Perth, I remember shaking my head at the number of play and misses from Lee's bowling and the 3/4 inside edges that, somehow, didn't hit the stumps!!!

He is basically the mot exciting fast bowling potential we have produced since Thommo, so you'd be crazy to write him off. he should be CA's pet project.

If you could harness it he could be anything; the real x factor.

The ball to Kallis was even better.

He and Warner are the most exciting talents in the country I reckon.

Dave Warner to play tests for Australia. Exciting maybe. But an awful technique. Good eye though. Steyn made him look like a park cricketer today in Hobart.

lol reardon averages 23 and has a strike rate of 80 in one dayers, and in 20/20 he averages 15 with a strike rate of 122, warner has an average of 52 in one dayers with a strike rate of 117, and in 20/20 he averages 31 and strikes at over 156, if you ask me he's pretty far behind in all catergories, averages less than half as many runs in both forms and significantly lower strike rate

Dupopov watches games with is eyes closed or is very easily impressed but has a short attention span.

Reardon to play for Australia
Tait for the tests.

If you want to pick a Qlder for a 20/20 clash that is not too bad try Lee Carseldine. But in saying that I would not pick him either.