What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st T20 Int'l: Sun 11 Jan - Australia d. South Africa by 52 runs @ MCG

Bazal

Post Whore
a first class strike rate of 46 would suggest he can do a fair bit with the red ball.

And before people say thats just at shield level , many of the batting line ups he bowls against are better than many of the test line ups.

Truth be told i doubt many people here ( including me) have seen him bowl with the red ball outside of the three tests he's played. So to come to any definate opinion about his red ball bowling is rubbish IMO.

He's a very good white ball bowler....but he himself has admitted he's not nearly as good in the longer form. His major strength isn't so much his pace, but his ability to swing it at pace, especially reverse, and the red ball simply doesn't move as much. He's been largely ineffective at Test level so far, and with his lack of fitness at the moment I just don't see him as an option in that arena. Hilfenhaus and Bollinger are much better options at this stage.

dubopov

Coach
bullsh*t, i have said for ages Hilfy should be in the side, i have no problems with Tait being in the ODI side. But you just constantly rave on with sh*t that makes little sense. All i can make out is you are a typical Queenslander.

Classic redneck generalization .. "typical Queenslander".. lol .. If you or anyone else has trouble understanding my posts you need to improve your comprehension and/or get out of your cloistered little environment and broaden your outlook on life.

He's a very good white ball bowler....but he himself has admitted he's not nearly as good in the longer form. His major strength isn't so much his pace, but his ability to swing it at pace, especially reverse, and the red ball simply doesn't move as much. He's been largely ineffective at Test level so far, and with his lack of fitness at the moment I just don't see him as an option in that arena. Hilfenhaus and Bollinger are much better options at this stage.

im not saying he should be selected for the next test or anything.

Just that the guy clearly has some ability with the red ball. Sure he may be better with the white ball but one look at his first class stats should show you he has some fair ability with the red ball.

And i agree i would prefer bollinger and Hilfenhaus at the moment aswell. But if we continue to have problems taking wickets tait could be a good option in a 4 pace blowling attack.

How many times have you seen him bowl with the red ball outside of his very limited test experiences?

Bazal

Post Whore
im not saying he should be selected for the next test or anything.

Just that the guy clearly has some ability with the red ball. Sure he may be better with the white ball but one look at his first class stats should show you he has some fair ability with the red ball.

And i agree i would prefer bollinger and Hilfenhaus at the moment aswell. But if we continue to have problems taking wickets tait could be a good option in a 4 pace blowling attack.

How many times have you seen him bowl with the red ball outside of his very limited test experiences?

Off the top of my head? Probably 4 or 5 Shield games...he's certainly got the talent, but his fitness, known inconsistencies and his breakdown last year would be enough to exclude him for this years Tests IMO. Unless he turns it around drastically. Perhaps in the future...

Off the top of my head? Probably 4 or 5 Shield games...he's certainly got the talent, but his fitness, known inconsistencies and his breakdown last year would be enough to exclude him for this years Tests IMO. Unless he turns it around drastically. Perhaps in the future...

I agree he needs to get some shield games under his belt before he can even be considered.

If he can produce similar form to what he has in his past 50 first class games though he should & must get a start again at some point in the future.

His problems of the past year have been a major set back , but some of the stuff ive read about him in here is laughable. If the bloke is so inury prone as some claim how did he manage to play 50 first class games before he tunred 25?

Bazal

Post Whore
To be fair, he has had issues stringing games together...he seems to play two, miss one, play one, miss another, play 4 or five and then miss one or two...but that's because his action and generating that pace is taxing on the body. He has work to do, but he'd certainly be an option down the track if he can improve his fitness, control and keep taking wickets. Unfortunately at the moment I do think he's too erratic for Test matches, even overlooking his fitness issues.

dubopov

Coach
actually its 82.

His average is 60.

but thats after 3 matches. Many great players ( not calling him great) have taken 15-20 matches to find their feet in test cricket.

Stats level out after a while .. eg. Hussey's batting ..

Bollinger has an average of 65 and a strike rate of 132 .. should he be written off ?? One test v three for Tait .. Can't make judgements on stats on so few games ..

Thommo had a sh*t game in his first Test .. ( albeit with a fractured foot) and he went on to be a legend. He was constantly vilified by Armchair Purists because he was wayward. Tate is similar .. anyone bowling near 100mph is a gamebreaker. I wouldn't want to face him. Just look at the effect he had on Kallis and De Villiers. They would hope we pick Siddle and Bollinger.

To me the impotence of our fast bowlers cost us the series and it is worth the risk including Tait if he is fit.

blain

Juniors
in taits second over he slowed down to the mid 140s. if he cant sustain incredible speed in a 20/20, why would you think he can in a test? he obviously needs way more fitness to be considered. esp when you guys have about 3/4 bowlers who can top high 140s.

tait and hilfenhaus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> siddle and bollinger

:crazy::crazy: :lol::lol:

Siddle is miles in front of the other two. Bollinger granted question marks remain.

Tait to SA to do what play in tests don't think so. He has come out himself and stated he isn't ready for test cricket.

His body does not hold up to the rigours of playing test cricket he has also proven that mentally he can't do it. He is a long way away from being a test player both physically and mentally.

Hilfenhaus I would have ahead of Bollinger. I think Hilfenhaus will come of age on the Ashes Tour.

But your man love for Shaun Tait is ridiculous. If Tait can bowl like that at the end of the day after bowling 20 overs and standing in the sun fielding all day and do it consistently. Then he may be worth a look at as a test cricketer.

Bigfella

Coach
He is basically the mot exciting fast bowling potential we have produced since Thommo, so you'd be crazy to write him off. he should be CA's pet project.

If you could harness it he could be anything; the real x factor.

The ball to Kallis was even better.

He and Warner are the most exciting talents in the country I reckon.

Azkatro

First Grade
We've got enough pace in the Test bowling lineup for now, Tait wouldn't bring anything to it other than a liability who stands in the field for 87 of 90 overs a day sucking in the big ones.

On Dave Warner, superb debut and brilliant to watch. Having said that, I would have loved to watch Bradman with a bat like that ...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tait isn't a test bowlers a-hole. If he stays fit he'll be a good limited overs bowler, but definitely not test calibre.

yeh I agree,

after seeing the problems Siddle had backing up, and Tait is more fragile

with his action and back problems, we're better to just use him for ODIs and 20/20s

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Classic redneck generalization .. "typical Queenslander".. lol .. If you or anyone else has trouble understanding my posts you need to improve your comprehension and/or get out of your cloistered little environment and broaden your outlook on life.
You're from Queensland and you are calling someone else a redneck :lol: From the State that gave us one Nation..........

dubopov

Coach
You're from Queensland and you are calling someone else a redneck :lol: From the State that gave us one Nation..........

At least 80% of people in QLD never voted for Bjelke or Hanson .. and living in a society with 20% Rednecks makes it easy for me to spot them on Forums .. You know, people like you who have nothing in an argument and resort to personal abuse due to your myopic world view. Save your labels for tins of peas.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I only saw about 20% of the game cause I didnt see any skimpy looking cheerleaders dancing up and down after every over

Hope those involved lift their game and bring them in for game 2

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At least 80% of people in QLD never voted for Bjelke or Hanson .. and living in a society with 20% Rednecks makes it easy for me to spot them on Forums .. You know, people like you who have nothing in an argument and resort to personal abuse due to your myopic world view. Save your labels for tins of peas.
A tin of peas would make more sense than some of the drivel you post.

Latest posts