What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st T20I: New Zealand v Australia at Wellington, Feb 26

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
No suprise Saabs Clarke captained team just continues to win.

Excellent leadership, excellent play from the aussies. Executinb the captains plan continues

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Not 100% sure Ian, he bowls for Wellington, but his injury problems the past few seasons seems to have killed any impact he used to have with the ball.

Predominantly plays as a batsman for Wellington this days in the middle order, and scores plenty of runs each season

eddiesmith

Juniors
Amazing what happens when Australia actually pick a T20 side instead of just using the ODI squad, they might actually win a game at the T20 championships this year

NZ are a rabble, the Taylor decision was sensational umpiring, it wouldnt be a NZ match without that commentator having a massive sook, it happens every game they cover :lol:

aussies1st

Staff member
Ian Smith is the name to imprint into your head. If there is a dodgy call he'll be all over it.

IanG

Coach
can't really blame him but :lol: Twas a shocker.

It was the worst decision I've ever seen. No wonder Ross Taylor was filthy about it. If ever ther was a reason to have referals in cricket with coloured clothing then this was it because it well and truly falls into the howler category

Also that last NZ wicket was rather bad too. Looked like it came straight off the thigh pad to me

Last edited:

ozbash

Referee
we wuz robbed

whatever happened to impartial umps ? the aussies bought their own with them !!!

JJ

Immortal
No secret that NZ's batting is heavily dependent on McCullum and Taylor - McCullum didn't adjust to the extra pace, and the clown's decision with Taylor is the worst I have ever seen... Billy should be dropped, and Johnson should be fined for excessive appealing!!!!!!!!!!!

Bond and Vetorri were class... but being biased towards bowlers I would prefer more flexibility myself... batsmen aren't limited to a set number of balls, so why should the likes of Bond, Vettori and Tait be limited to 24 deliveries....

Clearly the ODI series can be competitive...

Laughed at the SMH saying Haddin's acrobatic keeping impressed... he was embarrassing behind the stumps, aside from a couple of brilliant momemnts, and Michael Clarke had some horror moments in the field... NZ need to lift their game, so does Billy, and I suspect the Aussies won't field so poorly again (poorly is strong, it was mixed, inconsistent... Smith and Watson to name 2 were outstanding)

aussies1st

Staff member
It was the worst decision I've ever seen. No wonder Ross Taylor was filthy about it. If ever ther was a reason to have referals in cricket with coloured clothing then this was it because it well and truly falls into the howler category

Also that last NZ wicket was rather bad too. Looked like it came straight off the thigh pad to me

There are some that match it, aka the plumb LBW by Brett Lee to Simon Jones given not out by this very umpire.

Iafeta

Referee
Shame some of the top order couldn't play like Franklin

He had faced 15 balls and scored of 10, sure none were big shots, but Guptill at 1 stage had faced 14 and scored off 3. If the boys at the top got more singles it would get the innings underway better and rotate the strike

As for Oram, at times this season he was batting 9 for CD !!! Is a bit weird, should have been batting 6 for me

That was the problem... too many deliveries not scored off. Not enough thought in the batting. If it wasn't there to hook or cut they looked like rabbits in the head lights. They need to be able to drop and run, push it into gaps, and get it down to third man and fine leg better, otherwise they'll have 3-4 balls facing 150Ks and feel the heat mentally. I didn't like the tactic they seemed to employ which seemed to me like lets play Tait out, there's been a few domestic batsmen over here who have got hold of him so it is doable.

Iafeta

Referee
There are some that match it, aka the plumb LBW by Brett Lee to Simon Jones given not out by this very umpire.

Bowden is an idiot. I loved the bit where he was coming out for the second innings and the commentators are basically saying he would have been made aware of his shocker, but there he is laughing and carrying on like a git playing with his jacket zipper like it's a Christmas present. Him and Ashocker Da Silva have no place on the international panel... Bowden's only there for the clown act part of his routine and that's very sad.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You pick a T20 side, you win. You pick a ODI side, you lose.

I friken hope Australia bats first next time, then NZ can suck as much as they want when they bat!

Latest posts