What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v New Zealand at Brisbane on Nov 5-9, 2015

TheParraboy

Staff member
Under 2 weeks to go. Kiwis have a 2 day and a 3 day warm up games prior

Warner should be back, but I don't expect him to do a heck of a lot, hasn't played in a while

I read an article at Khawaja may be in the top 6

I reckon the Aust XI would be

Bancroft
Warner
Smith (c)
Khawaja (or Burns)
Voges
Marsh
Neville
Johnson
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Oozie and Bancroft made 1 run between them yesterday against the Kiwis.

shiznit

Coach
I watched it online... That pink ball moves all over the place during the twighlight period.

From what I saw... IMO it will be advantageous to be bowling during that period...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I watched it online... That pink ball moves all over the place during the twighlight period.

From what I saw... IMO it will be advantageous to be bowling during that period...
Pink ball state should be seperate from red ball stats. It's a total different playing field and game by the looks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Twilight period affects any ball due to the increased humidity.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Twilight period affects any ball due to the increased humidity.
But not 5 days of it, it will be a totally different game. Occasionally they play under lights at the end of the day but not a major chunk of the game will be played under lights. Plodder bowlers may look like world beaters.

JW

Coach
Solid opening partnership from Bancroft and Burns this morning. Patiently saw off Boult and now increasing the rate. Saw a bit of the bowling from last night - man that pink ball is hard to watch.

jargan83

Coach
So will Channel 9 still want day/night test cricket after the Test lasts 2 days because the ball swings more than a swing king with one side taped up?

TheParraboy

Staff member
So will Channel 9 still want day/night test cricket after the Test lasts 2 days because the ball swings more than a swing king with one side taped up?

Interesting isn't it

Whats worrying me is if these night time test matches finish in 2-3 days quite regularly, then bank your bottom dollar we go to 4 day test matches

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
As long as Khawaja isn't there we are a chance

lol, good call 111 not out

only 2 wickets for the Kiwis and a lot of retirements from the Aussies, my how things change in a week

In all fairness Manuka must be a bit of a road atm

JJ

Immortal
Shame we couldn't give S Marsh some runs too just to confirm his slot :lol:

JW

Coach
Such a road is Manuka.

Both sides only managing 2 wickets (so far) and a shitload of retirements.