What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v South Africa at Perth on Nov 3-7, 2016

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
No one can be surprised by the pathetic batting, Warner and Smith are the only players in the entire country that average over 50 at first class level, Voges averages like 47 and the next best out of everyone are clumped with 40-41 averages. Given how our bowlers struggle yet keep all but 3 with sub par first class averages says a lot.

Look at Lehmann, Langer, Hussey and co that had to fight to get in or back in to the national team had averages over 50 and match the bowlers they faced to now, says it all about the poor quality in this country, it's just sad no matter who comes in will suck.

T-Boon

Coach
Ian Healy just made a rugby league reference. Rare. I am sure the Melbourne Nine AFL coats are scrambling to see what they can do about it.
I am sure I remember Healy once got asked who he supports in the AFL in the commentary and he responded "Ah, I am from Queensland, I support the Broncos". I think he hates AFL as much as I do.

T-Boon

Coach
No one can be surprised by the pathetic batting, Warner and Smith are the only players in the entire country that average over 50 at first class level, Voges averages like 47 and the next best out of everyone are clumped with 40-41 averages. Given how our bowlers struggle yet keep all but 3 with sub par first class averages says a lot.

Look at Lehmann, Langer, Hussey and co that had to fight to get in or back in to the national team had averages over 50 and match the bowlers they faced to now, says it all about the poor quality in this country, it's just sad no matter who comes in will suck.

I think Lehmann's son might get a baggy green. Can score big.

Front-Rower

First Grade

Correct

These days we just pick on the basis of who scored the last 100 in any format

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Crucial innings for Oozie. Needs to score a hundred draw or loss. Unless he changes his name to Usman Marsh he'll get the flick if he doesn't score runs when the team needs him.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon we are a good chance to give this run chase a shake

Smith and Khawaja will bat into tomorrow, hopefully well after lunch
There is nothing scary in this wicket. Tomorrow morning be cautious and wear them down in this heat

Need Voges to score big and MMarsh to score some runs (30-40 will do from him)

Latest posts