What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test England v West Indies at Southampton, July 8-12 2020

Stayed up to watch it, fantastic viewing and so glad for the Windies.

Michael holding was suggesting this game was possibly the most watched test match of all time. Given it’s the only cricket match on (international) and after Covid etc. I dunno how that might be quantified or checked though.

JJ

Immortal
Hopefully the Windies are building a good side again

Can't believe Broad did't play, that's too funny - only thing funnier is their top order minus Root

Bazal

Post Whore
As much as I'd love to see the West Indies strong again, the side they put out for this one is just as weak as any other sadly. And the missing players aren't loads better

They really need to miraculously find consistency and for Shai Hope to match his ODI class in test cricket for this to be much more than a win against an equally weak and out of form England side. Even if they do go on to win the series you can't really say we saw much different to what they've offered the last few years IMO.

THE MIGHTEH MIGHTEH INGER-LUND

They truly are absolute pants and I'm embarrassed that we only managed to draw over there..... all whilst Smith having to channel The Don to do so (then again, if it wasn't for Tim Shaime and his useless captaincy we would've comfortably taken the third test).

some11

Referee
Really hope it continues. I would love to see a strong West Indies team.
Perhaps they could persuade Archer to come home..

IG0XqP7.jpg

Latest posts