What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Pune on Feb 23-27, 2017 - AUST WIN BY 333 RUNS

lockyno1

Post Whore
Marsh has never played in India so this BS about horses for courses is nothing but horseshit. ive got no problem with SMarsh batting at 6 but both the Brothers derp in the top 6 is just laughable. They may as well play Bird he'll probably score more runs as well.

Marsh does play in the IPL (yes I know it's not test cricket) so he does know the conditions.

Not a fan of MMarsh at all

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who gives a toss about the IPL???

Both Darshes have had more then enough chances and have let Australia down time and time again. I can cop Sean at 6 but not the both of them.

Bazal

Post Whore
Maybe Khawaja could learn how to play spin then. Enough of the "it's not fair" thing. He hasn't improved his ability against spin.

I don't rate SMarsh much but he averages like 80 on the sub continent he was always playing

Firstly, what you know about cricket and batting is akin to what Matthew Wade knows about wicket keeping.

Secondly Khawaja has never played in India, how the f**k does anyone know how he goes against spin? Three tests in Sri Lanka in his entire career and he's poor against spin? Classic LA Locky bullshit. Based on that logic we'll only be picking two batsmen, Smith and Marsh.... everyone else is too shit against spin.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone except MMArsh failed in Sri Lanka, but Locky doesn't want to drop them, just Oozie, but there is no agenda here

lockyno1

Post Whore
Firstly, what you know about cricket and batting is akin to what Matthew Wade knows about wicket keeping.

Secondly Khawaja has never played in India, how the f**k does anyone know how he goes against spin? Three tests in Sri Lanka in his entire career and he's poor against spin? Classic LA Locky bullshit. Based on that logic we'll only be picking two batsmen, Smith and Marsh.... everyone else is too shit against spin.

Surely you can't be serious thinking Khawaja is good against spin? He is pretty ordinary there unfortunately, he likes the ball coming on. Mitch Marsh had a good SL series with the bat too, SMarsh was good when they finally got rid of Burns and Khawaja!

Can Usman improve, yes, and I hope he does but until that time he doesn't play.

Bazal

Post Whore
Surely you can't be serious thinking Khawaja is good against spin? He is pretty ordinary there unfortunately, he likes the ball coming on. Mitch Marsh had a good SL series with the bat too, SMarsh was good when they finally got rid of Burns and Khawaja!

Can Usman improve, yes, and I hope he does but until that time he doesn't play.

Where did I say he was good or bad against spin, you walnut?

He's precisely as good as most of the other bats against spin, ie mostly untested especially in India, and he's a far better batsman against any kind of bowling than Mitch Marsh. If we don't play him we are playing five batsmen. Only an idiot and our selectors would think that's a good idea. Which are you?

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Where is this being televised? I can't find any live coverage in the Foxtel guide. Only previous day highlights on fox sports 5

lockyno1

Post Whore
Where did I say he was good or bad against spin, you walnut?

He's precisely as good as most of the other bats against spin, ie mostly untested especially in India, and he's a far better batsman against any kind of bowling than Mitch Marsh. If we don't play him we are playing five batsmen. Only an idiot and our selectors would think that's a good idea. Which are you?

No he is much worse, he's had a number alf failures in spinning conditions.

Where have I said I actually want Mitch Marsh in the side? I'd rather play neither one of them. Khawaja isn't a great player of spin and Marsh is a donkey. I'd rather play neither one of them, and pick someone that plays spin well- now the million dollar question is who is that player? Not sure.

Out of the current squad, the best out of Khawaja, Marsh, and Maxwell in Indian conditions is probably Marsh, but it is a lottery, all 3 are likely to fail. Marsh can at least bowl and he is a good exponent of reverse swing.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Under Steve Smiths captaincy last couple of years (7 tests) Sean Marsh averages over 55.00
Away from home 9 tests he averages over 46.00

I kinda agree with Locky regarding Khawaja. Out of all he batsman he looked most insecure against spin in Sri Lanka. Hell couldn't even read straight ones. In this case I understand if he doesn't make the 6

Having said that whoever we end up with I hope perform well and we put up a decent fight and don't get smashed. Could end up a long and depressing tour otherwise.

Timbo

Staff member
Mitch f**king Marsh.

Because a medium-pacer who can't buy a run is the key to winning in India.

Go f**k yourself CA.

Bazal

Post Whore
Under Steve Smiths captaincy last couple of years (7 tests) Sean Marsh averages over 55.00
Away from home 9 tests he averages over 46.00

I kinda agree with Locky regarding Khawaja. Out of all he batsman he looked most insecure against spin in Sri Lanka. Hell couldn't even read straight ones. In this case I understand if he doesn't make the 6

Having said that whoever we end up with I hope perform well and we put up a decent fight and don't get smashed. Could end up a long and depressing tour otherwise.

Except LA Locky is saying Mitch Marsh over Khawaja is a good selection, so Shaun's stats are irrelevant.

There isn't a single situation in test cricket where Mitch Marsh is a better batsman than Usman Khawaja. Not one. We're going to play five batsman and fail to score 250 in either innings, and people are ok with that? God....

TheParraboy

Staff member
Except LA Locky is saying Mitch Marsh over Khawaja is a good selection, so Shaun's stats are irrelevant.

There isn't a single situation in test cricket where Mitch Marsh is a better batsman than Usman Khawaja. Not one. We're going to play five batsman and fail to score 250 in either innings, and people are ok with that? God....

Outlining Sean Marshs stats is to outline why he must be there, some on here think otherwise. Nothing to do with Locky or Mitch Marsh

So 5 batsman we make 250, but including a no6 bat will get us how far? 280? lol.

Bazal

Post Whore
Outlining Sean Marshs stats is to outline why he must be there, some on here think otherwise. Nothing to do with Locky or Mitch Marsh

So 5 batsman we make 250, but including a no6 bat will get us how far? 280? lol.

Yeah nah you're right. Should just pick Smith and 10 bowlers tbh

Latest posts