What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Pune on Feb 23-27, 2017 - AUST WIN BY 333 RUNS

Timbo

Staff member
Mark Waugh clearly doesn't watch a lot of domestic cricket. You can tell during his BBL commentary stints. They ask him a question about a young player and he's a deer in the headlights.

Our teams are picked on gut instinct and 'who fits in best in the sheds'. It's a f**king disgrace.

TheParraboy

Staff member
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2016-17/content/story/1083909.html

Smith told reporters that the pitch was "incredibly dry". "I think it will take spin from ball one," Smith said. "There are a couple of divots out of the wicket as well. I haven't really seen a wicket like that before a Test match, so I think it is going to take a lot of spin and potentially some up and down movement for the fast bowlers as well."

While Smith was certain India were going in with three spinners, Australia themselves are thinking of three, which could mean Josh Hazlewood or Mitch Marsh might sit out. Smith explained the logic of playing three spinners if Australia do.

"When someone started to look a little bit comfortable against one of the spinners, they'd just change it and bowl someone else," Smith said. "And then when they start looking comfortable against them they go back. And you can chop and change and not let the batter get in a bit of a rhythm against a spinner. I guess that's part of the thinking behind potentially playing three spinners. But we'll wait and see."

Timbo

Staff member
Leave out Mitch Marsh and play Agar then!

f**k me, why the f**k are these dickheads so f**king dumb!!!!!

mozza91

Coach
Looking forward to Wade's keeping with 3 spinners
It's made even more painful by the fact we watched a quality keeper playing for Australia Z last night. Meanwhile we get the cross eyed midget for the Test team.

JJ

Immortal
Playing three spinners is pretty much a concession you can't get India out and will have to bowl a huge amount of overs

8Ball

First Grade
From cricinfo:

8.55am From what I can see, there is no gloss, no shine on the pitch. There is grass, a decent bit. But it looks abrasive, plenty of cracks. This will deteriorate rapidly as the game progresses. The toss becomes even more crucial for Australia.

"I've never seen a pitch like this in India. I've seen turning tracks, but [never like this]," says Ravi Shastri at the pitch report.

yobbo84

Coach
From cricinfo:

8.55am From what I can see, there is no gloss, no shine on the pitch. There is grass, a decent bit. But it looks abrasive, plenty of cracks. This will deteriorate rapidly as the game progresses. The toss becomes even more crucial for Australia.

"I've never seen a pitch like this in India. I've seen turning tracks, but [never like this]," says Ravi Shastri at the pitch report.

Good - as it should be. Home curators willing to design a pitch to win their team a match, as opposed to a road designed to last 5 days as they do over here.

Does anyone know how the hell do I tune in the new 507 on a Telstra T-Box? PM if anyone knows.

Just flicked it on to find out it's shifted etc. Grrrrr.

mave

Coach
Lets hope Warner remembers this is a 5 day game, well hopefully 5 days anywsy

Tommy Smith

Referee
AB is so much smarter than any of the selectors.

He just said that fast bowling has been and remains the key to beating India in India.

Why is everyone in the Aussie set up too dumb to realise this?

Timbo

Staff member
I honestly thought they picked MMarsh as the fourth seamer and nothing else.

I really can't fathom this. It's like when you'd play junior sport and the coach would be some gumbies dad, and he'd always be the captain, bat at 3, open the bowling even though he was a genius who didn't know which end of the bat to hold.

Lehmann clearly loves him and he's unf**kingtouchable.

Latest posts