What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v England at Eden Park, Auckland, March 22-26, 2018

JJ

Immortal
aaanndd we carry on batting....

Weather supposed to be good tomorrow?
Yep, think so...

Good century by Nicholls , I am no fan, but he's scored runs against good attacks

I am sure the declaration will come soon - just about 300 ahead now

JJ

Immortal
I get why we're batting on but it's putting a lot of eggs in the newish ball at night basket

Iafeta

Referee
Bye Alistair. Sorry son. But your footwork was appalling all innings and here you get one 2 foot wide of leg stump, your balance is shot and somehow you knick it.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Boult strangles Cook wide down leg.

Terrible delivery, good wicket for NZ to grab early.

JJ

Immortal
Just one down. They'll hope to make inroads under lights. No swing maybe Smithy can offer some advice?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Just one down. They'll hope to make inroads under lights. No swing maybe Smithy can offer some advice?

NZ may have declared too early for under lights swing as the ball has aged too early and NZ won't operate on the ball outside the rules for early reverse swing.

So plan B soon as per usual expected soon - Neil Wagner to impersonate Harold Larwood.

Iafeta

Referee
Wtf is happening. Did Wagner shag the skippers sister? No swing, let Wagner at least put the heat on them. Kane is letting this coast along.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
What is this crap - Wagner has bowled 12 balls all on the batsman's half.

Ribs to head Wags. Ribs to head.

Has to be on orders to protect the ball - stuff that. Skiddy bounce 'em out or at least try to.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Wohoo fired up Boult shakes up Root and then gets him last ball of the day :clap:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Ball is nèarly 47 overs old. England is 200 plus behind, 7 wickets left with their 2 biggest bat guns out and playing a batsman short this test with Stokes not bowling meaning Ali at 7 and not 8.

Barring rain, NZ are clear favourites. But this is not a typical day 5, the pitch is more like day 3 tomorrow.

I hope NZ win this and convince EWCB that NZ is worth a 3 test series at least, home or away.

Latest posts