What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 highest paid players at each club

macavity

Referee
kirk = 220 IIRC....

think about it stranger, WHY would we pay 300 for a BENCH player.... even 220 is a little much...!

~bedsy~

First Grade
CCGenerals said:
avsterooster said:
bedsy on nothing?
are you crazy

danny buderus is most certainly in the top 2 with johns for newcastle

Well unless he renewed his contract already then I would consider him one of the two highest paid players on the club. His current contract was smade b4 he was making it into all the rep sides so i doubt that his getting paid heaps.

I believe the highest paid players for the Knights is definately Johns and the second player would either be out of Reynoldson, Hughes, Gidley or Simpson. Not to sure but all 4 fo those players are getting way over 200k a year.
I was just going to say that. I believe if he re-signs then he may be the second highest.

Surandy

Bench
Are we talking 2004 or 2005?

If 2005, then for Storm Matt Orford and Scott Hill.

If 2004, then Rodney Howe and Scott Hill.

lodown

Juniors
Cliffy GC said:
dunno about beav
i think Kite would be on more.

Tell you one thing about the beaver
he was practially offered the keys to Parra Leagues by fitzy in 2000 and knocked it back.

Hes the heart and soul of our club.

yeah, i'd say the 2 BK's would be on the most money

General Knight

Juniors
macavity said:
kirk = 220 IIRC....

think about it stranger, WHY would we pay 300 for a BENCH player.... even 220 is a little much...!

Agreed we did pay too much for him. 220k for next 4 years for a benchie is abit worrying. I wonder how much was he playing for at the Storm.

Earl

Coach
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Storm Matt Orford and Billy Slater

Billy Slater has never been on the open market and IMO wouldn't be cracking he 150k mark.

Matt Orford and Scott Hill are the highest paid at Melbourne and rightly so.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
macavity wrote:
kirk = 220 IIRC....

Agreed we did pay too much for him. 220k for next 4 years for a benchie is abit worrying. I wonder how much was he playing for at the Storm.

if your dumb enough to play him from the bench, fair enough

mightypanther

Juniors
Dunno about Whatuira - Prince and Hodgson probally get more then him

Don't forget that Whatuira has won a premiership and was in the Kiwi team.

Tigers would have had to pay him a fair bit.

Johns Magic

Referee
CCGenerals said:
macavity said:
kirk = 220 IIRC....

He won't be on the bench by '05

General Knight

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
CCGenerals said:
macavity said:
kirk = 220 IIRC....

What if he will be? Alot of poeple seem to put his name down on the bench when they list the Knights' line up. And what makes it worse is that he seems to be getting injured more now then he definately wont be on the bench. Anyway I dont have anything against him or the way he plays. I just think we paid to much for him much.

General Knight

Juniors
KimmorleyKiller said:
macavity wrote:
kirk = 220 IIRC....

if your dumb enough to play him from the bench, fair enough

:roll:

Fibroman

First Grade
Gowie-500
I'm tipping Lukey Lewis may be in the running for 2nd as he was playing great footy at the time he re-negotiated his contract, and has great utility value out in the backs. I'd be guessing Priddis, Lewis and Puletua are on around 300-350.

Johns Magic

Referee
CCGenerals said:
Johns Magic said:
CCGenerals said:
macavity said:
kirk = 220 IIRC....

What if he will be? Alot of poeple seem to put his name down on the bench when they list the Knights' line up. And what makes it worse is that he seems to be getting injured more now then he definately wont be on the bench. Anyway I dont have anything against him or the way he plays. I just think we paid to much for him much.

He won't be. He is getting around $220k, which I think is fair. BK was on $300k. He's had one injury in 2 years. Give him a break.

Surandy

Bench
A few of the Storm players had calf injuries late in the season. Craig Bellamy publicly criticised the Victorian government over the training facilities fiasco that they were subjected to.

The Storm have three different training venues which they have to use as their preferred venue is often unavailable (and a number of times the Storm weren't even told they'd be unavailable even though they booked to use the ground).

The least favorite venue, Goschs Paddock, had a fairly heavy surface in August due to rain and poor drainage (this is even after drainage works were done there before the start of this season).

Latest posts