What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 tries aginst that mob?

Since 73

First Grade
  • We got the 2 points and at the end of the nite that's all that matters, but we scored 13 bloody points over a side that wouldn't have scored a 'real' try if they played till midnite.
  • Broncs had forwards playing 5/8 and tried about 3 different halfbacks during the game - bruno cullen fed the last scrum. Kearney had an easy night with perry's kick - fortunately Wallace and Lockyer weren't playing. And our blokes on the fringes would've struggled a lot more with micheals, hodges and Hunt pressuring.
  • We just seem to lift or sink our performance to the level of the opposition. We rise for Storm and lower for that mob. gall and bird were out, but we should have blown that mob away by at least 20. they were bloody ordinary on paper and on the park.
  • Our halfback for 09 stepped up again. Lovely break after half-time to put kimmorely over - if noddy had caught it. Reckon the winger would have got him anyway. 50th minute Seymour kicks to robinson's wing, chases him and bundles him into touch. Next set he kicks on last and wins us a feed off Perry's knock-on. Breaks from scrum as lock and inside ball puts Kearney over for the match winner. Give this guy more responsibilty Sticky he is handling it and developing beautifully.
  • Misi cops some flak, but he is a first grader. Metres and enthusiasm are infectious and that's what he brings to this team. he has some mistakes in him, but expeirence and maturity will reduce those.
  • Covell. Always lacked flair and speed. but being professional, great kicking and doing the little things right allowed him to be a favourite. Unfortunately, when he stops doing the little things right and kicking well, there isn't anything left.
  • I reckon a large part of Sticky's coaching philosophy must be that 'experience' will get you home. That is why he resigned noddy last year and that must be why he sticks with Covell and Simmons and is interested in chasing names like Nutley, barrett and Ryles. We have too many guys in our side who are borderline first-graders. Gallen, bird, ross, thommo - Take them out of our pack and young Dougie is basically our forward leader.
  • Nice cutout pass from noddy to find Misi for first try. Also an improved long kicking game got us a repeat set and it only took him 2 shots from in front to snatch a field goal, but I hope we aren't going to be subjected to a sympathy push for the rest of the year because he's leaving. One pass for a try every 15 matches does not justify his salary. One field goal from in front when the game was won does not discount 9 games last year when we needed one, and he couldn't do it. One repeat set every 10 rounds does not mean he is dominating the game a la thurston or Prince. The bulk of our points are coming from Bird and Seymour and it's still less than 20 points a game. I read a a headline this morning about 'Noddy leading us to a win'. CRAP. Take him out of last night's game and we still win. Take Seymour out - not so sure.
  • And please no one bring up that he tackles his heart out again.

Since 73

First Grade
All true, but Noddy tackles his heart out every game.
I'd like to see Prince do that.

Since 73

First Grade
We got the 2 points Inferno and that is what matters.
But I reckon bennett would probably walk away as pleased as Sticky if not mre so.

He has about 6 internationals/SOOers out and is turning over his roster nicely.
Those young Broncs did great coming to Cronulla and being in the game for 76 minutes.
They'll be better for the next SOO round when the stars are out.

Our blokes? I'm sick of watching these same 'non-scpring backs week after week after bloody week.
Just seeing Misi come into the side has added something. And he's a bloody winger!

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Hey, he does try his little heart out. You cant take that away from him. Yes I want him gone, but I can say with meaning, that his last couple of games have been an improvement. Hope he gets better as the season goes on.

Ausguy

Coach
dont underestimate how much bird and gallen meant to us as well.... for those that were at the match know it was a good solid win.

spider

Coach
not offering excuses, but the conditions were atrocious to watch in, let alone play in

there was never going to be any free flowing footy last night

and considering the few chances we bombed - i wasn't phased by the low score against that side

they usually beat us without their origin stars anyway

Frenzy.

Immortal
not offering excuses, but the conditions were atrocious to watch in, let alone play in

there was never going to be any free flowing footy last night

and considering the few chances we bombed - i wasn't phased by the low score against that side

they usually beat us without their origin stars anyway

Good point spide and one which was highlighted during the week's postings. It's a positive enough to get that mon key off the backs. A home win finally as well.

And let's remember that if our defence remains as is we are only conceded about 15 points a game. So we only need 3 converted tries a game as long as the new found tendency to take "make up" shots off penalties continues.

Liked the new attitude to at least trying to get an early FG as well.

spider

Coach
yeah - the attitude-ometer was working pre-game and still kicking after half time

was great to persist and hit back before the half time break - especially running slightly into that wind

Snorkleburger

Juniors
Warren Ryan on the ABC stated that the Broncos team was deliberately chosen with defence in mind for this match. We always tend to play a depleted Broncos team around SOO time.............and it pisses me off every year they beat us............Don't care if it was fugly or what? It was great just getting the 2 points!!!!!

Inferno

Coach
I think we have better odds of winning the grand final then playing scintillating attacking footy.

Now that's saying something.