What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2003 Magic Moments

miniHINDY

Juniors
What are your best eels moments this year
Mine are

V Warriors Awesome last minute win.
V Manly First golden point
V Cronulla Club Record

PARRA_FAN

Coach
:? How was Manlys golden point win a golden moment, it stuffed us up.

What about the Broncos win at Suncorp? That was awesome

PJ Marshal

Coach
Definetly our win over Brisbane up here at Sandcorp, cuz its the only game i get to see up here in QLD

Eelectrica

Referee
The 3 games I was able to watch (2 trials + game in Brisbane) are always good, particularly as we won them all.

The first 10 minutes or so of the Penrith game - For a few minutes at least I thought we were going to do it. So that was a magic few moments as well.

Parraren

Bench
Definitely the two magnificent comeback wins against the Warriors & Cowboys for shear excitement, determination and will to win.

The two wins against the Dragons at home and Broncos at Sandcorp were also our most complete performances of the season and also standout as the few games where we were switched on for the full 80 mins.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I think the Knights win in round 3 was a highlight.The Warriors win was a classic, as was the wins in Brisbane and over Cronulla.

However, for me the highlight, shining in a year of lowlights, were personal ones. Firstly, Jamie Lyon making the Blues side, and carving up Queensland. He monstered Hogdes in game 1, and Tate in game 2.

And Adam Dykes taking Brisbane apart - possibly the ONE reason I think we may have a better 2004 than 2003. Dykes finding form in a Parra jersey was wonderful to watch, for him as much as for us.

Stagger eel

Staff member
my top five

5] Jamie Lyon's try against Manly that would of made Reg Gasnier proud.

4] Mat Peterson's 4 try effort against Souths.

3] The Cronulla game as a whole which included a recorded score, 5 try haul from Lyon and 70 metre try from Cayless.

2] Mick Witt's goel from the sideline against the Cowboys to put us in front with a minute to go.

1] Daniel Wagon's sensational try from a Micheal Witt grubber on the bell to beat the Warriors and the coming of age of Micheal Witt in the 2003 season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think your right about Dyksie Bee! he even cause the Panthers a bit of mischief I'll be praying to God he has an injury free 04! because thats what it all boils down to.

I also believe the competion for the Half/five eight role will be pretty fierce with Thorman, Witt, Dykes and even Muspratt in line for the 2 jerseys.

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't know how anybody can name the wins over the Warriors and the Cowboys as highlights.

All they did was cover up the fact that for 65 minutes of both games we were completely outplayed and resembled a shambles of a team.

The Newcastle win in Round three, as well as the Broncos away win were the highlights for me.
They showed determination and character that were shown oh so rarely this season.

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach
1.The win over North Queensland.......seeing the game still gives me goose bumps!!

2. 74-4 victory over Crounulla....the Sharks had no answer to the Parramatta attacking machine..simply outclassed by a better football side on the night......74-4 :lol: :lol:

3. 36-10 victory over St George....what made this such a great victory was that Parra where so dominate in everything they did this night..everything fell into place defence, Attack, commitment...it was such a great team performance & the most dominate performance i had seen by Parra since there 64-6 victory over Penrith at the start of 2002

4. 15-14 victory over Brisbane....another top class team effort where the commitment was very obvious & for all to see...pity we didn't have more of these games this year!!

5. Mivchael Witt's emergence was a great thing for Parramatta...even though young & sometimes raw Michael displayed enough to me in his limited first grade experience that he will be a magnificent half in the years to come...his game against Souths was top notch considering how young he is & great indication of his big future in the game!!

slippery eel

Juniors
1. Victory over the Cowboys

2. Victory over the Warriors

3. 74 - 4 smash up over the Sharks

4. Watching young players like Petersen and Witt come through

5. Gettin pissed on the north hill on saturday nights

eloquentEEL

First Grade
The first 10 minutes against the Panthers were also pretty special. Pity it didn't last for the next 70.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eels2win said:
The first 10 minutes against the Panthers were also pretty special. Pity it didn't last for the next 70.

It should of been 16-0 after 15 minutes :roll: :roll:

Gold Coast Road Trip with the eWo and some Manly fans for the trial was a great weekend. Set the standard we probably wont be able to match for next year's trial...

The Warriors and Cowboys wins were also excellent, as was the Sharks, broncos and Knights.

But the one moment that stands out is Wagsicle freaking out when he got that try against the Warriors. The poor fella almost exploded, lol. That was great.

Mad Monday was also pretty good, too.....what I can remember of it, lol.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Suity,I agree with your assessment of the Warriors game. However, I can recall sitting in the car thinking that the season was over. Then the comeback came,and I can distincly remember myself and Bee Jnr dancing like idiots outside Randwick Navel Barracks, while the gatekeeper looked at us like we were idiots.

However, none of my season highlighs entailed gatting hammered. If that was a season highlight, it shows how crappy the season must have been!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No-one really mentioned the World Sevens victory.

The highlight in the tournament was seeing Steve Witt play with some of the first graders and start to emerge as a first grade. And then simply carve 'em up in the semi final and the final against England.

After that I dont understand why he wasnt given a go at first grade.

The Colonel

Immortal
Highlight of the year.....

Jamie Lyon scoring against Manly. That young fullback will have nightmares every time he comes up against Parramatta in the future.

Runners Up.

Michael Witt kicking the goal from the sideline against the Cowboys....

Wagon's try against the Warriors....

The Seven's Win.....

Honourable mention.

Though it was a lowlight - the look of despair when Lee Hopkins gave away the penalty against the Storm. If you ever want to see how mcuh a bloke puts into football look at that final two minutes of footage. It could have gone two ways for him - he could have dropped the bundle ala Steve Mavin and never been heard of again or turn around and play like he did for the rest of the season.

Misty Bee said:
However, none of my season highlighs entailed gatting hammered. If that was a season highlight, it shows how crappy the season must have been!

If you ever go to a Mad Monday, and do something else besides droola nd run around asking for Brian Smith's autograph, then come back and say this, but until then.....you wouldn't know, would ya? Mad Monday ahs to come sooner or later, and the timing has nothing to do with whether you enjoy it or not. It has been one of my favourite days of the year for the last 5 years now, and will continue to be for a while I guess, considering how much fun and stupidity goes on, and God knows how much I lvoe fun and stupidity - it's what I live for :D