What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 Predictions

The Worm

Juniors
This is what I can see in my crystal ball.

1. Penrith will struggle in the middle of the season, by round 18 no one will consider them to be serious contenders. Injuries will be their downfall.

2. Luke Burt shall play rep footy.

3. The Tigers will have a good season, but still fall short of the top 4. 05 will be better for them.

4. Paul Vautin shall dress like a woman on 15 occaisions, sparking a controversy over his mental health.

5. The Eels will get off to a good start. Only one loss out of their first six games. Media types will start talking them up as the danger side.

6. Bill Harrigon will miss the limelight and make a return after many poor games by refs will prompt people to start pressuring him to return.

7. Whilst drunk on the hill, Parra Jesus will be struck in the back of the head by a well aimed tomato. Amazingly this will be caught by the cameras and replayed over and over again. His confidence shot, he'll turn up to the footy incognito, dressed as the Virgin Mary so he won't be recognised.

bartman

Immortal
I agree with number 2. :clap:

I wish number 5 will come true. [-o<

I hope number 6 doesn't come true...

And surely if number 7 happens it would have to happen at some other team's ground? We don't throw fruit at our own at Parra!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
also there is no hill at Parra anymore altrhough Bay 56 will always be known as the Stu Galbraith Hill.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i like 2, ive been saying that for years!!
and i will be the cause of 7 :twisted:

do you have any other predictions, sir?

Hurriflatch

Referee
As far as my predictions

For Parra
1. Burt to play for NSW after getting man of the match for Country.
2. Parramatta to play in the GF Qualifers along with the Warriors and Raiders and then depending on injuries Knights, Roosters or Panthers.
3. M.Witt to play at least 1 Origin (off the bench) for QLD.
4. Hopkins, Cannings, Cayless, Vaealiki, Lyon, Morris, Hindmarsh, Wagon, M.Witt, Burt and Vella to all play rep games at some level (Country v City, Origin or Test)
5. The judicary to become a lot fairer
6. Smith to come up with at least 3 great quotes during the year simlar to his 2001 "A draw is like watching your mother in law drive you new car off a cliff......mixed feelings"
7. Grothe to play most of the year without injury
8. Thorman to be the Eels 1st ever???? (not 100% sure on this) Pommie rep player.
9. Matt Petersen to battle for the NRL top tryscorer
10. ADAM DYKES TO BLITZ ALL BEFORE HIM LEADING THE EELS TO THE TITLE AND WINNING THE CLIVE CHURCHILL MEDAL IN THE 2004 GRAND FINAL.

On top of that for the NRL in general

1. Alan Langer to make another Origin comeback
2. Bulldogs to miss the 8
3. Cowboys to make the 8
4. Sharks to battle Souths for the spoon
5. In a Manly v Canberra game more then 1/2 the players in the game to have played for Parra.
6. Hopoate to "KFC" Stevens simintanlously to Stevens giving Hoppa a wedgie it takes trainers 25 mins to separeate the two

The Worm

Juniors
I forgot to add that the rumours currently surrounding Andrew Johns will gain momentum, driving the man to play a different kind of ball game.

half

Coach
nathan hindmarsh to become officially recognised as the most dominant force in rugby league ever

and we'll shatter our for and against record of 2001 on our way to grand final glory

PJ Marshal

Coach
My Predictions

1. Terry Hill will spend more matches on the sideline rather then playing them.

2. Andrew Johns will get injured 3 weeks before the finals meaning Newcastle will not win a game for the next 4 weeks and be bundled out of the finals.

3. Scott Hill will hurt his shoulder again

4. The Tigers will win their first 3 games and then lose their next 8

5. The Eels will win their first 2 games then struggle for a couple of weeks then will start to rise in form around round 10

6. Alan Langer will comeback to the Broncos

7. Bill Harrigan will come out of retirement

8. The judiciary will be just as unreliable without jim hall

9. Langmack will be sacked with Chris Anderson taking over

10. Parra will win the comp

:D

I only have one prediction and that is in Round 3 Eels Vs Knights, Steve Witt will produce a memorable performance and cause parra a lot of trouble, he has a point to prove and against his old club and i know some paara fans know steve will be a huge loss for the club cos of his potential and u think highly of him and maybe u guys think this may have a chance of happening 2

Hurriflatch

Referee
Here we go again, the Steve Witt fan club comes out

Yes is was a very good player but 1 of the main reason he didn't get a go in the top grade was that he is more injury prone then Dykes, Richards, Hodgson and DAve Woods combined

BD5733

Juniors
I dont think Steve Witt will be in first grade, especially not as early into the season as Rnd 3.

If he does happen to make it, I hope M Witt puts one on his chin just for the sake of brotherly love.

And Flatch, more injury prone than Dave Woods???? Thats a MASSIVE call!!!

They have named an entire ward after Dave Woods at Westmead!

parra_princess

Juniors
As much as I hate Andrew Johns, at his best he could make Ben Kusto playing along side him at five-eighth look like an international.

half

Coach
parra_princess said:
As much as I hate Andrew Johns, at his best he could make Ben Kusto playing along side him at five-eighth look like an international.
maybe an international of fiji, and even then that's not cutting the island nation much slack

bartman

Immortal
I don't think Steve Witt will be first grade at Newcastle in Round 3. I think they'll go with K Gidley as preferred five eighth ahead of Witt.

I don't think Wagon will play rep footy this year/again - as a Queenslander it's Origin or bust, and he won't be in their top 17.

I don't think Matt Petersen will be on the top try scorers list, because I don't think he'll see a lot of first grade this year.

But I agree about Andrew Johns and don't think he'll see out the season.

And I agree about Dogs missing the 8, and Cowboys getting in. And about Cronulla (Kimmorley/Bailey) doing poorly without Uncle Anderson around.

And I predict a lengthy injury to Ricketson or Fitzgibbon, perhaps career-ending.

[crystal ball out]

Hurriflatch

Referee
He was scoring at basically a try a game maybe even slightly over it last year.

Graham won't be back by round 1 may been round 5 before he is even back playing then another couple of games in the lower grades to get match fit, so lets say he isn't back in the top grade till round 10.

Burt will likley shift to fullback with Grothe and Petersen the winger. Then if Petersen plays 8 of the remaing 20 games (16 round 4 finals series games) that is still close to 20 tries based on his try scoring efforts last year. Which will be near the top :)

All I can predict is that only Souths will be out of the race for the 8 coming into the last half of the season. Apart from that it might just be a very tough year to make early calls......

As for the tomato, sorry mate, I'd just pick it up off the ground and eat it :D