What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 Tomahawks Tour

hot dog

Juniors
Pick the Team??
Tomahack, can you even name the positions on Rugby league side??
Start with the number 1 and let's see how far you get......

Tomahawk

Staff member
Hotdog:

To you surprise here is your list. Took me a little to get it right, but I did. Never count the Falcon out. Hope I am right, if not you willmake me like a fool. You and Mic try to do that. However, if this list is correct, you look like the fool. So here we go;

01. FULLBACK

02. WINGER

03. CENTRE

04. CENTRE

05. WINGER

06. FIVE - EIGHTH - 5/8

07. HALF - BACK

08. FRONT ROWER - PROP FORWARD

09. HOOKER

10. FRONT ROWER - PROP FORWARD

11. SECOND ROWER

12. SECOND ROWER

13. LOCK

As for the tour the Tomahawk tour, can you give the people some help. These people in the forum are the fans of the AMNRL, and they want to know. So I think if you know anything you should tell them.

Maybe certain individuals need to stop the childish fighting, and act like men. Inform are fans, and not fight with other players. Some of the Americans in this forum need to grow up. The people I am talking about know who they are.

Tomahawk

hot dog

Juniors
Tomahack,
Just wanted to see if you'd answer..... Oh, and you forgot to cite the name of the article you cut and pasted that from.

Doggie

yankeeboy

Juniors
Well, the tour starts in a week. I just want to say good luck to grubsey, hot dog, and the other Tomahawks.

What is the final itinerary for the tour?

The article on the AMNRL site (first news since GF) doesn't mention the Illawarra 7s or the Norths game. I know the Sevens was a maybe, but wasn't the game against Norths supposed to be definate?

grubsey

Juniors
Here is our official itinerary;

Thursday February 3rd
Arrive Sydney
Transfer to Wyong

Saturday February 7th
USA v Wyong
Morrie Breen Field
7.30pm

Sunday February 8th
Transfer to Canberra

Wednesday February 11th
USA v Goulburn
Goulburn Workers Arena
5.30pm

Saturday February 14th
USA v Canberra Raiders/Tonga
Seiffert Oval
4.00pm

Sunday February 15th
Transfer to Sydney

Wednesday February 18th
USA v St George All Stars
Kogarah Oval (Oki Jubliee Stadium)
6pm

Friday February 20th OR Saturday February 21st
USA v To Be Confirmed (Possibly Souths Sydney at Redfern Oval)

Sunday February 22nd
Depart Sydney

PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK KICK OFF TIMES!!!

mono_mal

Juniors
if not hopefully the Tomahawks can find quality opposition in the Newtown Jets, North Sydney Bears, or one of the many Jim Beam Cup teams based in Sydney.
better still would be the Tomahawks play NSW Students or Police. this match could be hosted at Western Weekender Stadium and if promoted decently would gain a large crowd.

Jeffles

Bench
Newtown's schedule is full. Besides, the USA should stick to JB teams or lower at this stage.

roopy

Referee
I know everyone is pushing their own local sides, but I really think the Americans would do well if they stuck to teams in the Newcastle comp.
They are playing Wyong, and I'd like to see them also play Cessnock or Newcastle Wests or Lakes United - all sides with good followings and big Leagues club backing.
If they stuck to the Hunter Valley they would get a lot of cross over publicity from game to game and they would save money by not having to travel so much, as well as being able to rest more between games.
I think the Newcastle teams are exactly the right level for the Tomahawks right now.

yankeeboy

Juniors
Is the Game on the 20th/21st likely? Who are the probable opponents?

What chances are there of the hawks playing at the Illawarra 7s?

saddog

Juniors
Latest news I heard was that the squad will return home after the Dragons game, and will not play proposaed matches against norths or participate in the Illawarra League 7s.

mono_mal

Juniors
saddog,
what teams will be contesting the Illawarra 7's?
do you still have the Fijians and Italians on board?
and howd you go in regards to the Tongans?

saddog

Juniors
Teams in the Illawarra 7s to date
UTS Syd
Wollongong Uni Fiji
Victoria Uni NZ
italy
Greece
Cook Islands Collies, Wests Illawarra, Forestville x 2, kingsrove, Brighton, Seven Hills, Rosehill Brumbies, Colyton, Kiama, Shellharbour, Thirroul, Corrimal, Auburn, Navy, Coogee Dolphins, Eaglevale, and late nominations from Cronulla-Caringbah, Emu Plains and Manly Christina Bros

should be a great event

mono_mal

Juniors
yeah its looking great and seems to be a big improvement on last years tournament.
i'm hoping to be in attendance.
also could anyone confirm the 7.30 time for the USA v Wyong match at Morrie Breen Oval.
i have read in rugby league review that the game will commence at 7.
could anyone provide further details?
thankyou

roopy

Referee
Everything I have read, including an article in the local paper, says 7.30 for the USA game with a Jersey Flegg team playing wyong in an earlier game starting at 5.