What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Knights Jersey

Kaz

junior
chriswalkerbush said:
Is it just me, or do Kaz's post all seem to bleed together into the same level of mundane crap?

Oh we are back to me posting cr@p.

I will only take notice of people not called Chris Walker & a idiotic president.

RICHO

Juniors
Just saw the Knights 2005 jersey advertised in a Wollongong sports store catalogue.

It is that plain blue one, with the red stripes on the sides.

There was no sponsor on the front, but NIB was on the sleeves.

Gotta say boys and girls, I don't like it. VERY plain.

Kaz

junior
RICHO said:
Just saw the Knights 2005 jersey advertised in a Wollongong sports store catalogue.

It is that plain blue one, with the red stripes on the sides.

There was no sponsor on the front, but NIB was on the sleeves.

Gotta say boys and girls, I don't like it. VERY plain.

Go to the store & take a picture of it for the Knights fans.

RICHO

Juniors
It's only an 'artists impression' type thing, but you get the idea.

knightsjersey.jpg

Also, the "away" jersey hasn't changed apart from losing the sponsor from the front.

parra_princess

Juniors
I often read this forum so sorry for putting my unauthorised 2 bob in. But yeah Parramatta Eels announced their major sponsorship today which i'm very impressed about. On the eels website now they proudly display all the corporate sponsors they have Pirtek, Asics are still well and truly on the scene, Subaru, Parklea Markets, Mounties etc. All these companies invest in Eels because it gives them exposure in the large Western Sydney Market. I can't say i know to much about the Newcastle Business district but sponsors don't get on board because they like a particular football team they want to use it to penetrate Markets and help their bottom line. Perfect example Qantas link trying to promote their regional airlines. Just look at the companies that are competing to get involved in the 08 Beijing Olympics. If you only secure 1% of the market you still secure over 10 million consumers. I'm certain you guys will get a major sponsor, and when it is announced i'm very curious to see what ther are trying to promote up there. Anyways i'll be off now...

Knightmare

Coach
This will sound a tad bizarre but if that's the new Knights jersey, I like it. It actually somewhat resembles the Knights VERY first jersey, which they wore in the 1988 Challenge Cup against Manly. It was all blue and had a red collar, like the new jersey. It's better to have a 'plain' jersey than some radical Sewerleague getup like what the Sharks and Tigers have.

Nuke

Staff member
I quite like it now.

When I saw it a few months ago, I didn't like it. I still feel it needs a more even balance of red and blue, but it's grown on me.

I made that jersey a while back for the Rugby League computer game (to see what it'd look like in a game situation - or an idea of that anyway), and here it is.
NK_2005h_small.jpg

I don't know the shorts or socks designs, so I left 'em plain blue.

foetus_head

Juniors
The sponser will take up some of the room as well. I'm sure it will look great when they finally release it, although to be honest I quite like the look.