What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 player movements

Davester

Juniors
thuganomics said:
Davester said:
Aaron Mercer (Roosters PL) :arrow: Wests Tigers

I just caught on to this news. I'll post source soon.

Great Signing.

Really? What's he like? RLW this week had a source and here it is:

Rugby League Week - From The Sheds said:
UNABLE to attract many big names for next season, the Tigers have been concentrating on recruiting young talent and have added Roosters utility Aaron Mercer to their squad.

A 22-year old fullback or winger, Mercer could force his way into the Tigers' top side next season.

RainMan

Juniors
MEE said:
Vinnie Anderson has signed with Manly

2 radio stations have said it. 2GB and 2KY, Terry Kennedy replied to an email saying that he had indeed signed with Manly.

I personally don't believe it, just have to wait and see I suppose.

Iafeta

Referee
The Warriors have denied this and said Vince Anderson is still a Warrior at the very least for another season. The writing was seemingly on the wall for Ali after he copped a very big verbal spray from Mick Watson, PJ was always a fans fantasy to stay in the long run, there's been no controversy whatsoever regarding Vinnie. He certainly won't leave without his brother either way.

Davester said:
thuganomics said:
Davester said:
Aaron Mercer (Roosters PL) :arrow: Wests Tigers

I just caught on to this news. I'll post source soon.

Great Signing.

Really? What's he like? RLW this week had a source and here it is:

Rugby League Week - From The Sheds said:
UNABLE to attract many big names for next season, the Tigers have been concentrating on recruiting young talent and have added Roosters utility Aaron Mercer to their squad.

A 22-year old fullback or winger, Mercer could force his way into the Tigers' top side next season.

BUGGER!!!!!! - He will play NRL for sure at Wests tigers and is a better goal kicker than Hodginson too - very good in both attack and defence and under the bomb and has had a stellar season in premier league but unable to dislodge Minichiello from First grade.

Ray

Juniors
Vinnie Anderson is a Manly player next year.

It's just stupid old Aussie wireless at it again. ;-) :lol:

stubbsie

Juniors
Simon Grix the young English Academy star has agreed to terms with the Warrington Wolves. Despite showing intrest in coming to play for Newcastle.

Mambo

Juniors
swing_low said:
Aaron Moule finally signs with manly for 2 years......announced in the Manly Daily

Vikings retain Moule

22nd September 2004.

Widnes Vikings have beaten off a challenge from Manly Sea Eagles to re-sign Aussie centre Aaron Moule.

Moule, who scored two tries in 16 games for the Vikings before injuring his knee against Wigan Warriors in July, has signed a two year deal.

It is believed the 27 year old has turned his back on a three year deal to return to the NRL with Manly.

"Aaron showed us enough this season to suggest he is going to be a great asset to us in 2005," said a Vikings spokesman. "His injury came at a time when he was starting to fly and now that he is fully recovered we are elated he has decided to stay."

Jordovski

Juniors
Manly Daily - Adam Lucius

Manly bound centre Aaron Moule has been booked on the first flight home to Australia after relevations he has signed a contract with 2 clubs in either hemisphere.

The Sea Eagles announced Moule’s acquisition on Friday but were stunned to find out yesterday that the premiership winning back had also re signed with his English club Widnes.

A telephone hook up between Moule, his Management team and the Sea Eagles was hastily arranged last might in an attempt to sort out the mess.

I’m mystified by all this. I’m not exactly sure what’s happened (at Widnes)” Moule’s Manager Darryl Mather said last night.

But it is firm and clear from SFX’s point of view that the first contract he signed will be the one he is required to honour”

It seems the boy may have been comprised in some way but he’ll be here on the first plane home to play for Manly.”

Mather’s comment were in direct contrast to a statement released on the Widnes website yesterday and carried news bulletins in Australia.

It read “Aaron showed us enough this season to suggest he is going to be a great assets to us in 2005”

“His injury came at a time when he was starting to fly and now that his fully recovered we are elated he has decided to stay.”

Manly CEO Paul Cummings countered: “He’s ours. We got a legally binding agreement accepted by him. “And if in anyway that’s changed we’ll sue the arse off them (Widnes).”

Manly coach Des Hasler was hopeful of a swift resolution.

“He’s a quality player who is a big part of our plans for 2005,” he said.