What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Raiders Line-up

TiTTieS wrote:
From the Crusade Newsletter:

"The Raider's playing roster for 2005 is still to be finalised so keep your ears pinned for some additional very good news."

I wonder what this means??? Maybe they have signed somebody .. or at least very close to signing somebody of high quality...maybe even a rep player. Who knows?

:shock: It is impossible for a Rep player to sign isnt it. There is nobody left. I think it may be an extension for Jamie Russo :roll: or maybe confidence about Stuart Fielden. At least he wont have a prob with Canberra Climate :lol:

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
raiders_lover_18 said:
TiTTieS wrote:
From the Crusade Newsletter:

"The Raider's playing roster for 2005 is still to be finalised so keep your ears pinned for some additional very good news."

I wonder what this means??? Maybe they have signed somebody .. or at least very close to signing somebody of high quality...maybe even a rep player. Who knows?

:shock: It is impossible for a Rep player to sign isnt it. There is nobody left. I think it may be an extension for Jamie Russo :roll: or maybe confidence about Stuart Fielden. At least he wont have a prob with Canberra Climate :lol:

If El Masri hasn't signed yet, then no.. he has played for Oz.

Freddo

Juniors
hmmmm
Heres My Ideal 2005 Lineup
Of Youth Experience Talent

1. Clinton Schifcofske
2. Phillip Graham
3. Adam Mogg
4. Nathan Smith
5. Matthew Gafa
6. Mark Mclinden
7. Todd Carney
8. Ryan O'Hara
9. Simon Woolford (C)
10. Ian Hindmarsh
11. Jason Croker
12. Jason Smith
13. Terry Campese

14. Michael Weyman
15. Ben Cross
16. Micahel Robertson
17. Micahel Hodgeson

Freddo

Juniors
i only named him there as a starting prop to just him in the side and like he can me sub at any time of the match like stick cross weyman or hodgson in the front row push hindmarsh to 2nd row croker to lock. and campese to the bench or slot him in at 5/8 and give mclinden a rest or push mclinden to half and give carney a rest. the side is pretty verstitle

goin for a player can cover a few postion so they can chop and change if they need to

legend

Coach
My revised team in light of player movements in the past couple of days:

Schif
Howell
Mogg
Frawley*
Graham/Gafa
Smith
McLinden
Croker
Howell
Hindmarsh
O'Hara
Woolford
Weyman

Hodgson
Martin
Carney
Rothery

Thompson
Robbo
N Smith
T Smith
Tongue
Kahler
Miller
Ale

edabomb

First Grade
I'd agree with most of that legend. Not a bad looking squad. I think Tyran might come into the 17 though. Maybe at the expense of Martin. We'll need a hitter in defense with Rubes and Davico gone, and Tyran is the 3rd best in the club.

edabomb

First Grade
No idea, he's back in reserves though so I am assuming yes. He wouldn't get much interest from the UK, and is probably on ok money at the Raiders so I think he'll play out his contract. My replacement of Martin with Smith would only occur if Smith was on form. Whens hes good, hes a very good first grader IMO. I think we miss his creativity more than a lot of people recognise this year.

just thought i'd put my two bobs worth in for this.
my team is a little different but one for the future.

SCHIF
GAFA
FRANCISCUS
MUNDINE
GRAHAM
J SMITH
MARTY
CROKER
HINDY
MARTIN
OHARA
WOOLFORD
WEYMAN

RES TOUNGUE, HODGO, CARNEY, ROTHERY

twistedbydesign

Juniors
Brad how could you possibly exclude Moggy on current form?!

1. Shif
2. Gafa
3. Frawley
4. Mogg
5. Phil
6. J Smith
7. Mac
8. Weyman
9. wooly
10. rhino
11. Hindy
12. Hodgo
13. Croker

Looks alright aye? theres some solid outside backs waiting in the wings, including robbo and smithy, and plenty of good backrowers in reserve too with the likes of rothery, kahler, t smith, tezza etc. biggest worry is front row depth i would say. still, considering all that has occured things look ok i think.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Cross, Weyman and Rhino are all tops, will play for australia but if one goes down we are f**ked cause i recon thomo is ordinary and Elliot loves thomo!!!

edabomb

First Grade
I'd take Thommo over Cross......*braces for extreme verbal abuse* :lol: :lol: . Cross could be important next year if he can get some better meterage gains on his hitups. He aims up in defense thats for sure.

Anonymous

Juniors
Hmmmm having heard about our signings/possible signings I'll revise my top 25...Hopefully Kouparitsas will only appear once this time!

1-C.Schifcofske
2-M.Robertson
3-A.Mogg
4-P.Graham
5-C.Frawley+
6-J.Smith
7-M.McLinden
8-M.Weyman
9-S.Woolford
10-R.O'Hara
11-M.Hodgson
12-I.Hindmarsh
13-J.Croker

14-T.Martin
15-T.Thompson
16-B.Cross
17-T.Carney

18-T.Campese
19-D.Howell
20-J.Ale
21-N.Smith
22-M.Howell
23-K.Kahler
24-A.Rothery
25-D.Porter

+:Not confirmed.

Well no room for even one Kouparitsas this time....

Latest posts