What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 season guide

t-ba

Post Whore
skeepe said:
While the Telegraph one could be interesting, the guide I always look forward to the most is the Herald's guide. Nothing like having a good laugh reading Phil Gould's predictions... that hasn't been out yet has it?

It really is an indictment against the Telecrap that Fool Goulds guide is better...

HevyDevy

Coach
Does anyone here actually read other people's posts? As I said earlier the 2005 NRL season guide is out this Wednesday Feb 16

Also, how does Andrew Johns giving his tips make the Telegraph guide crap? It's actually a vast improvement on past years I think. Better than nothing that's for sure

Mr Saab

Referee
telecrap was exactly that...crap.
Why have andrew johns talk about the clubs chances....stupid stupid stupid.

Dogaholic

First Grade
HevyDevy said:
Does anyone here actually read other people's posts? As I said earlier the 2005 NRL season guide is out this Wednesday Feb 16

Also, how does Andrew Johns giving his tips make the Telegraph guide crap? It's actually a vast improvement on past years I think. Better than nothing that's for sure

I've got the guide sitting in front of me. Bought it today (Monday 14th).

Cost $9.

Dogaholic

First Grade
OZ_Falcon said:
Yep i brought it today as well. Good read too.

Wasn't as good as last years though. Last year, with all the players they wrote a brief description about them

Razor

Coach
has anyone who subscribed to big league got the guide in the mail yet?

The guide isn't included in the subscription. While the guide is published by the same organisation(News magazines) and has the same staff working on it, it isn't Big League.

rednut

Juniors
Corbin said:
ive suscrpited to big league for 2005 and it says on the scecdule that the first big league will be out on 11 feb so hang in there guys!

note this is what is syas on my sced.

11 feb: 2005 NRL Season guide
18 Feb:2005 season preview
10 Mar: Round 1

hope this helps guys thanks!

just dont want to end up buying it then getting it from my subscription as well

Jamesy

Juniors
nrl.com said:
Official NRL 2005 Season Guide now available

14 February 2005

The highly popular Official NRL 2005 Season Guide is now available in newsagents, and it is a 'must have' publication for the series league fan.

Inside the 164-page booklet is the greatest collection of information, records and statistics ever compiled as a season handbook.

Other than the interactive section where you cal fill in your team's season progress, round by round with the details of each match, you will find the photo and profile of every player in every club's full-time squad, with complete career records, date of birth, place of birth and more. It's a great reference tool for the 2005 season.

And for the statistically minded and trivia buffs, it has a wealth of information too.

Whether it be every player who has scored 1000 career points, or 100 first grade tries, or 200 first grade appearances for the one club - to the most field goals in a career or the biggest comebacks in league history - it's all there in the Official NRL Information handbook and 2005 Season Guide.

We could go on - the tables for the past decade, the top performers year by year since the NRL began in 1998; ticket prices from around the grounds, contact details for every club, referees profiles, how the judiciary works, each player's stats for 2004, when he made his debut and his record for his current club. It's all there.

It's on sale now in newsagents in NSW and Queensland for $9.00 or you can order directly from Big League by contacting inquries@bigleague.newsltd.com.au.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
If you are after player comments and an objective ratings system look out for the first annual Nicolson Sports Consultancy Rugby League Players Almanac to be released online (via LU) in late Feb/early March 2005!

It will be easy to print and includes every player (not just the top 25) known to be on each team's books as of the release date. From Andrew Johns to Frank Winterstein - its slightly comprehensive.

Look for it later this month.

Did I mention it will be free?

Dogaholic

First Grade
Prodigiousman said:
If you are after player comments and an objective ratings system look out for the first annual Nicolson Sports Consultancy Rugby League Players Almanac to be released online (via LU) in late Feb/early March 2005!

It will be easy to print and includes every player (not just the top 25) known to be on each team's books as of the release date. From Andrew Johns to Frank Winterstein - its slightly comprehensive.

Look for it later this month.

Did I mention it will be free?

What section of this forum will this be posted?

This years guide is not as good as last years but it is great to see that the bad hair styles are consistent again...check out Ryan Hoffman, Nathan Hindmarsh and Nathan Fien !!..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
HevyDevy said:

Uhhh, that would explain why my copy is hot and fresh and in my hand now wouldn't it?

For everyone's info, BL Season Preview is due Friday but expected Monday

Utey

Coach
Got it today. Bit disappointed that it didnt have the player description like former years. But still a good read.