What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 - The *on field* issues

Raider Azz

Bench
Yet he still plays well (when not injured).

When he played well this year he was the best out there. You can't deny that.

Kris_man

Bench
Raider_Azz said:
When he played well this year he was the best out there. You can't deny that.
yes i can. i concede, though, that it may have been cos he was often playing out of position. i agree that he plays well, well enough to be in the side, but IMO he's got nothing on the Toots of old.

Raider Azz

Bench
Oh of course he's got nothing on the Toots of old, but like you said, he plays well enough to be in the team.

He scored 13 points in the SGB player of the year, which proves he still has it.

Kris_man

Bench
best out there, though? maybe, but that's seriously not saying much when you consider how the other blokes went. out of the regulars, Davico and Wiki were well above him, IMO, but he was probably on the next level down, along with Schifcofske.

Raider Azz

Bench
He was the best out there on more than one occasion. That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying he was the best on our team, just that he had a decent year.

raiders_boy

Juniors
toots at least deserves to be captain for one year. he is a club stalwart, and bloody loyal. He'd get my vote thats for sure

Raiders Rock

Juniors
Thickos, you've still got it!! I for one do share your optimism and I'm sure 2005 will be a better year for the green machine.

This is the team I would field for round one, if not I would like to see how they go in a trial match. Although some of the positional choices are untested, I'm confident that it couldn't be as bad as 2004's results.

This lineup assumes that germ is suspended. I also think Schif would be a potent attacking machine at 5/8th. He's big and strong with heaps of pace off the mark. Let's not clone Wayne Bennet's 2004 season but...

Schif needs to be where the ball is to be effective, and about the only way we'll hang onto him after next year is to make him captain too. My money is still on Germ holding the captaincy. Although my first choice for captain would be Croker.

1. Graham
2. Robbo
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. N. Smith
6. Schif
7. J. Smith
8. Hodgson
9. Withers
10. O'Hara
11. Hindmarsh
12. Martin
13. Croker (Captain)

14. Tongue
15. Adamson
16. Weyman
17. McClinden

thickos

First Grade
That's a bloody interesting team Rock, and I agree with you - Germ out for Rd 1 will definitely mean Withers gets a start. It will be interesting to see his performance in terms of how viable an option is he down the track, and will he be given more of a hooking or a halfback role.

Dunno about Schif at 6 though, if he goes down with an injury by being in the front line we are stuffed.

Germ will not be out for Round 1. He had a 2 or 3 match suspension, I can't remember which, but 1 of those matches he already served against the Roosters. Trials also count towards suspensions, so as long as we play 2 trials against NRL teams (which ALWAYS happens), Germ will be there Round 1.

Bay56

First Grade
Nice spin guys .. almost makes I believe we will have a sucessful 2005.

Unfortunately my crystal ball is showing me otherwise ... if the damn thing is wrong I'll be the first to raise my hand and admit that my doomsday theories were up the creek, Elliot is a genius coach and Hawko/Furner are the new wave in management techniques :lol:

Hopefully for all of us and the future of the club you guys are correct ... I for one am hoping.

GO THE RAIDERS IN '05

peter_raiders

Juniors
Nah we definately have 2 trials...

Vs Bulldogs February 19th at Gosford
Vs Broncos February 26th at Toowoomba

From Yesterdays telegraph.

Kris_man

Bench
Raiders Rock said:
1. Graham
2. Robbo
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. N. Smith
6. Schif
7. J. Smith
8. Hodgson
9. Withers
10. O'Hara
11. Hindmarsh
12. Martin
13. Croker (Captain)

14. Tongue
15. Adamson
16. Weyman
17. McClinden
omg, a team which looked like that would be a disaster IMO:
Hodgson - i don't like him as a prop.
Tongue - i don't like him.
Martin - top bloke, but there are better players than him now (esp. Josh Miller)
N Smith - wouldn't mind seeing him in the back row, but i really hope we've seen the end of him as a winger. if anything, his size and speed would be better suited to centre.
Robertson- Chalk's done more in 3 games than Robbo's done in 3 seasons.

but as for me, i've given up making my Raiders ideal line-up. my specialty now is to predict what elliott will do :D