What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 - The *on field* issues

thickos

First Grade
Bay56 said:
Coaching has everything to do with this thread and hence my post which thickos commented on. I can tell you I'd like X at postion Y, Carney at no. 7, etc etc etc and it means nuthin, a big fat 0 ... and why is that, obvious ... check out last season when we all wanted Carney to be given a decent run in 1st grade. Second guessing Elliot's team makeup aint somehing I'm going to comment on.

Fair enough that is your prerogative to not comment on those issues. However you feel free to criticise Elliott at every opportunity??

I know you have admitted you will be the first to put your hand up if everything becomes wonderful and we start winning games etc etc - the point I was getting at is that if all you do is harp on about Elliott then you come across as a bit one dimensional. However I too have my own bugbears so who am I to judge.

Just curious as to your thoughts on the team... here i was thinking this thread was gonna be a simple task to moderate :lol:

joel

Juniors
thickos said:
Bay56 said:
Coaching has everything to do with this thread and hence my post which thickos commented on. I can tell you I'd like X at postion Y, Carney at no. 7, etc etc etc and it means nuthin, a big fat 0 ... and why is that, obvious ... check out last season when we all wanted Carney to be given a decent run in 1st grade. Second guessing Elliot's team makeup aint somehing I'm going to comment on.

Fair enough that is your prerogative to not comment on those issues. However you feel free to criticise Elliott at every opportunity??

I know you have admitted you will be the first to put your hand up if everything becomes wonderful and we start winning games etc etc - the point I was getting at is that if all you do is harp on about Elliott then you come across as a bit one dimensional. However I too have my own bugbears so who am I to judge.

Just curious as to your thoughts on the team... here i was thinking this thread was gonna be a simple task to moderate :lol:

thickos... do you think it makes a lick of difference what any of us guess for team Elliott will pick? I think he showed clearly this season that, although he must have some sort of concept in mind in his selections, no-one else can figure out why some selections are made. Case in point, Jason Bulgarelli.

On the other hand, for us to each post our selections raises a few interesting discussions. Why did so-and-so select this player in front of that player?

As I see it, the only guarantees for Round 1 are Clinton Schifofske at #1 and Ryan O'Hara at #8. All other jerseys are up for grabs.

Bring on the trials!

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think the following are walk up starts

1. Schif - Best player and the best defencive fullback in the comp, when in form he is the best current fullback in the world IMO (now that lockyer is playing 5/8th)
8. O'Hara - Rep prop
11/12/13. Croker - no need to elaborate

McLinden somewhere, i know he has been in piss poor form but remember, form is temperary, class is perminate, we all know McLinden can be one of the most effective attacking weapons in the game, i with less pressure on carrying the team he will come good

outside them its all on for young and old IMO

Kris_man

Bench
definite starters:

Schifofske - fullback
O'Hara - prop
Woolford - hooker
Mogg - centre
Frawley
Croker
Hindmarsh

definite 17's:

Hodgson
Adamson
McLinden
Withers
J Smith

likely 17's:
Graham
Robertson
Thompson
Miller
Martin

Bay56

First Grade
Kris_man said:
definite starters:

Schifofske - fullback
O'Hara - prop
Woolford - hooker
Mogg - centre
Frawley
Croker
Hindmarsh

definite 17's:

Hodgson
Adamson
McLinden
Withers
J Smith

likely 17's:
Graham
Robertson
Thompson
Miller
Martin

I have a touch of sorrow for all those you have placed in your "definite starters" ... hang in there boys, Elliott couldnt be that stupid, but one of you is going to lose your postiion to boogs :lol: :lol: :lol:

thickos

First Grade
Kris_man said:
definite starters:

Schifofske - fullback
O'Hara - prop
Woolford - hooker
Mogg - centre
Frawley
Croker
Hindmarsh

definite 17's:

Hodgson
Adamson
McLinden
Withers
J Smith

likely 17's:
Graham
Robertson
Thompson
Miller
Martin

I would not classify Hindy as a definite starter. He played a lot off the bench this season. However I agree with your sentiments regarding who is likely to be there.

No space for Kahler???

Kris_man

Bench
thickos said:
I would not classify Hindy as a definite starter. He played a lot off the bench this season. However I agree with your sentiments regarding who is likely to be there.
i think Hindy was named on the bench for only 3 games - that's not many at all. as for Kahler, he simply didn't fit into any of those 3 categories. if i added a "possible 17's" category (which would have been very long) Kahler would have been in it.
I Bleed Green said:
Kris Man saying that Mogg is a definite starter? Is this the Apocalypse?
well, i'm was making a prediction, not stating my opinion.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Raider_69 said:
ive never rated the signings of the howells since day 1
they are nevilles if ive ever seen a neville, i will go one step further and say in 3 years they will be talk about in the same mould as the kelly gang... not THAT bad but f***in ordinary to say the least

my opinion of corse

The only memory I have of either Howell is David ( I think that's the winger) being unable to chase monaghan and monas was able to go length of the field.