What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 - The *on field* issues

thickos

First Grade
Bay56 said:
Nice spin guys .. almost makes I believe we will have a sucessful 2005.

Unfortunately my crystal ball is showing me otherwise ... if the damn thing is wrong I'll be the first to raise my hand and admit that my doomsday theories were up the creek, Elliot is a genius coach and Hawko/Furner are the new wave in management techniques :lol:

Hopefully for all of us and the future of the club you guys are correct ... I for one am hoping.

GO THE RAIDERS IN '05

Bay... once again you offer significant criticism but no solutions. I appreciate you do not like the coach and management, and you make that point in many a thread. However not many of us here know what you think of the actual team make-up - which is the point of this thread!!!!

Please enlighten us on your views 1 thru 17... not what you think should be happening in the board room.

Bay56

First Grade
thickos said:
Bay56 said:

Unfortunately my crystal ball is showing me otherwise ... if the damn thing is wrong I'll be the first to raise my hand and admit that my doomsday theories were up the creek, Elliot is a genius coach and Hawko/Furner are the new wave in management techniques :lol:

Hopefully for all of us and the future of the club you guys are correct ... I for one am hoping.

GO THE RAIDERS IN '05

Bay... once again you offer significant criticism but no solutions. I appreciate you do not like the coach and management, and you make that point in many a thread. However not many of us here know what you think of the actual team make-up - which is the point of this thread!!!!

Please enlighten us on your views 1 thru 17... not what you think should be happening in the board room.

Please indicate where I have offered significant criticism in my reply.

thickos

First Grade
Bay56 said:
thickos said:
Bay56 said:

GO THE RAIDERS IN '05

Please indicate where I have offered significant criticism in my reply.

Nice stalling tactic ;-) :lol:

While my phrasing was poor, I think you get my drift. This thread is full of people's thoughts about where to play Withers, who will replace Davico etc etc... yet all you come up with is that we have put a 'nice spin' on it and have another swipe at Elliott/Hawkins/Furner.

Considering how much passion you show for the club on these forums, and the arguments you engage in, I'm sure many of us would like to know your thoughts on the make-up of the team, disengaged from the other stuff.

Kris_man

Bench
Thickos was pretty clear:
Thickos said:
So what are everyone's thoughts? Try to keep management/coaching out of this thread, we have enough on that topic
seriously guys, it ain't that hard.

Bay56

First Grade
Kris_man said:
Thickos was pretty clear:
Thickos said:
So what are everyone's thoughts? Try to keep management/coaching out of this thread, we have enough on that topic
seriously guys, it ain't that hard.

Coaching has everything to do with this thread and hence my post which thickos commented on. I can tell you I'd like X at postion Y, Carney at no. 7, etc etc etc and it means nuthin, a big fat 0 ... and why is that, obvious ... check out last season when we all wanted Carney to be given a decent run in 1st grade. Second guessing Elliot's team makeup aint somehing I'm going to comment on.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Bay56 said:
greeneyed said:
I don't take any pleasure in this No 1, but your rose coloured glasses are becoming blinkers.

Actually I think those sand grains have badly scratched the lens.

and you both are two blind idiots you always attempt to disrupt every single damn thread on this forum, blaming someone in the Raiders for some sort of problem. If you both believe you can do a better job than who we have now, please go in and hand in your resume. Or at least tell us who we should have as our coach, not who you wish we could have. Tell us who should be our CEO and General Manager.

Go on, Give it your best shop you blind stupid fools
Give me a break you don't take pleasure in this. You satisfy yourself by blaming all these problems on people you don't even know, you blame problems on people, without knowing the truth behind any story, and basing your opinions on what you see on TV or read in the paper or hear from someone else.

Grow up, you both are probably well into your 40's, at least show some sort of acts of MATURITY instead of acting like childish 12 year olds who think your above everyone else because you think your so wise, because you think all the problems you believe exist are happening because of our coach and management. FFS GIVE YOURSELFS A UPPERCUT and come back to reality.

Bay56

First Grade
Raiders 2005 said:
Bay56 said:
greeneyed said:
I don't take any pleasure in this No 1, but your rose coloured glasses are becoming blinkers.

and you both are two blind idiots you always attempt to disrupt every single damn thread on this forum, blaming someone in the Raiders for some sort of problem. If you both believe you can do a better job than who we have now, please go in and hand in your resume. Or at least tell us who we should have as our coach, not who you wish we could have. Tell us who should be our CEO and General Manager.

Give me a break you don't take pleasure in this. You satisfy yourself by blaming all these problems on people you don't even know, you blame problems on people, without knowing the truth behind any story, and basing your opinions on what you see on TV or read in the paper or hear from someone else.

Grow up, you both are probably well into your 40's, at least show some sort of acts of MATURITY instead of acting like childish 12 year olds who think your above everyone else because you think your so wise, because you think all the problems you believe exist are happening because of our coach and management. FFS GIVE YOURSELFS A UPPERCUT and come back to reality.

Up yours Raiders_1869 ... you are the blindest fool on this forum.

In my posts I criticised no one ... I congratulated people on their optimisim for 2005 and expressed my hope that my predictions were incorrect.

I call it as I see it and aint no one, especially you Raiders_1869 that will change my style in that regard.

You are an obnoxious fool Raiders_1869.

Kris_man

Bench
Bay56 said:
Coaching has everything to do with this thread and hence my post which thickos commented on. I can tell you I'd like X at postion Y, Carney at no. 7, etc etc etc and it means nuthin, a big fat
coaching is imprtant indirectly. so leave it out of this thread.
Bay56 said:
Second guessing Elliot's team makeup aint somehing I'm going to comment on.
then don't comment at all in this thread. i'm seriously pissed off that wherever i look, people are having a f**king CEO and management discussion. THAT'S WHAT DIFFERENT THREADS ARE FOR - DIFFERENT TOPICS!! mods - please move these bullshit off-field posts.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Bay56 said:
In my posts I criticised no one ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHAT?

OH NOW YOUR A LIAR TOO?!?!?!!!

Check out your signiture...thats criticising if i've ever seen it.

Hypocrite. :roll:

Bay56

First Grade
Raiders 2005 said:
Bay56 said:
In my posts I criticised no one ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHAT?

OH NOW YOUR A LIAR TOO?!?!?!!!

Check out your signiture...thats criticising if i've ever seen it.

Hypocrite. :roll:

My quote related to criticising other posters .. that is until you poked your nose in and decided to have a go at greeneyed and myself.

Criticising coach and management ... yes I gladly raised my hands to that ... no problem.

hypocrite :evil: :evil:

greeneyed

First Grade
Raiders 2005 said:
Bay56 said:
greeneyed said:

No 1. Get a grip. I do not "disrupt every thread on this forum". I express my views.

I have put my views previously on the coach and management. They should be given further opportunity, but they should be told they are on thin ice and their performance over the next year is decisive.

You, however, seem to take the position that any single piece of criticism of those in management and coaching is a disaster and demonstrates our lack of support for the team. I don't have to know them to judge them on their results, by the way. In fact, it appears that because you "know" them... you cannot provide any sensible criticism of them... and attack anyone who does. This is the rather silly position you find yourself in.....

greeneyed

First Grade
Frankly, I don't get much pleasure out of deciding whether Jason Smith or Lincoln Withers will be in the half back position.... Or if Matt Adamson will be in this position or that. Or whether this or that Howell will go well in this or that position.... As they would all be horrible in our firsts team. This is the disaster our management is. This is the disaster some of our recruitment has been.

This is why I don't even bother considering who should be in our starting 17. There are some really bad players who have been recruited by our management/coaching staff and I will let them work it out........

In saying that, I acknowledge that Withers is a good recruit for hooker and there are some other really good players we have picked up... Frawley, Ale, Goodwin... but we have some really horrible recruitment decisions too.

greeneyed

First Grade
Kris_man said:
as if it doesn't matter who runs out onto the field for us, greeneyed

I am not saying it doesn't matter. It is just that I feel that commenting on it, especially at this stage of the year, is irrelevant. The coach has proven he chooses his favourites, regardless of form, and our comments. They have recruited a whole lot of players I think will be a disaster. I have given up on commenting on it, at least until the season starts.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ive never rated the signings of the howells since day 1
they are nevilles if ive ever seen a neville, i will go one step further and say in 3 years they will be talk about in the same mould as the kelly gang... not THAT bad but f**kin ordinary to say the least

my opinion of corse

Raider_69

Post Whore
greeneyed said:
Raider 69... you make so much sense, even with 20 vodkas under the belt.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the 20 odd from last night should be outta the system by now but i finished off my 4 i had left from last night... bed time booze is quality :lol:

Raiders Rock

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
Germ will not be out for Round 1. He had a 2 or 3 match suspension, I can't remember which, but 1 of those matches he already served against the Roosters. Trials also count towards suspensions, so as long as we play 2 trials against NRL teams (which ALWAYS happens), Germ will be there Round 1.

That's great news!! I'd still like to see how Withers goes, even if it's off the bench.

Latest posts