What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 changes are now inevitable

Avenger

Immortal
The team I love so much devestated me today. However the beauty is there is always next year. In 2006 I can see the following happening

* Joel Reddy will take Wade's fullback spot from him. Burt will have pressure from everyone to retain his spot although he was one of our best in late 2005.

* Morris will not be 5/8th for all of 2006.

* Wagon will end 2006 in Premier League and gain a release prior to 2006 and play out his career in England. He will know that no B. Smith in 2007 will mean no Wagon for first garde.

* There will be pressure on Cayless to retain the captaincy. I believe that a captain must stay on the field for 80min. I would bite the bullet and start grooming Tim Smith as our future captain from 2007 and beyond.

KevinArnold

Juniors
A new 5/8th. Someone you can provide some spark, who is capable of making a break or setting up his outside men. Morris plays like a second half-back.

Wagon has to go. That miss for the first try was amateur.

mickdo

Coach
Agreed on Wagon. Couldn't believe that try. If ever there was a manual on 'how not to defend against Bowen', he wrote it there and then. :(

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
That was the catalyst for one of the worse days in my life. Nothing went right after that. You could feel it. After 10 mins in the 2nd half, it was obvious what the outcome would be.

I predicted then we wouldnt score a point. never looked like it.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Avenger said:
* There will be pressure on Cayless to retain the captaincy. I believe that a captain must stay on the field for 80min. I would bite the bullet and start grooming Tim Smith as our future captain from 2007 and beyond.

Shouldn't we wait and see if he suffers second year syndrome before we start talking new captains?

Pazza

First Grade
Bit over the top i recon. They played like sh*t today no doubt but you cant just drop half of the team.

Y2Eel

First Grade
wagon and robinson performances were by far the worst of the bunch tonight...

Semi finals experience was lacking today the cowboys had it last year and new what to expect training for it and playing in is it a real different thing

Hurriflatch

Referee
- Fullback 100% agree
- Wagon tend to agree but in saying that I still think he can come back to good form if thats enough to keep the likes of Robinson, Weller and Fui out of the team is another matter
- Cayless I remember people saying the same thing this time last year and then looking for places to hide a few months later also Price, Rauhihi, Kearns are all captains who don't play 80 mins yet you don't see people calling for them to be stripped of the captaincy

Eels Fan

Juniors
What everyone at the club (siupporters included) must not do is overreact & panic. Sure they played disgustingly today & got flogged but this is the team that was good enough to get the Minor Premiership & scored over 700 points in the process. Morris did a good job all year & here we have are supporters wanting his scalp for one bad game. Sure we are all hurting tonight but hopefully the boys will learn from what happened today & make sure that next year they don't suffer the same embarrasment that they endured today.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Based on his game in reggies today

Delaney will have the likes of Burt, Grothe, Benny and Tahu sweating next year

varion

Juniors
Wade was one of our better performers i thought. I use the term "better" but not that anyone was great.

Grothe was Parra's best on field IMO.

Wade was at least trying, made a couple good strong runs, saved a try.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think we also missed Peto today. We lacked enthusiasm.

But one other thing was when I heard that it was wet and slippery, I knew we would struggle.

We screwed up in NZ in the wet and we didn't do too well today. We become hesitent when we are in the wet.

But I think morro summed it up, we were not patient. Not once in any set of six (besides a couple after halftime) did we try to lay a platform. We need to go forward before timmy and morris can have space to move. And because we didn't, we were always throwing hospital passes.

Avenger

Immortal
The more I think about it the more I can see Delaney, Williams and Reddy being permanent fixtures in our first grade side next year.

newmanj

Juniors
It was not wet and slippery at all. Did not rain all day. The handling was just atrocious.

stiffmeister

Bench
I had that terrible feeling during the first 20 minutes of the game

I didnt bother watching the game after half time

You know that feeling, that nothing is going right & it won't improve kind of feeling

We need about 5 team changes for next year