What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

meltiger

First Grade
Surandy said:
I went in the western gate. Went to scan my membership card and was told to just go through.

Ahh I think they fixed that by the time I got there, they were saying Ticketec tickets only, memberships still had to go through the scanners - Obviously caught people using their memebrships multiple times :lol: :lol:

Ice777

Bench
Timmah said:
Good but below expectation. I'll be upset if we can't raise that tomorrow at Telstra.

With games at EAS and Dairy Farmers at 7:30, we should have a decent average come 9:30pm.

Considering it was 1600 above our average crowds i thought it was excellent. Any increase over average is very good let alone by that many.

stormman

Juniors
Congratulations to Melbourne supporter.

If my maths is correct, We have crack the 10K attendence average.

phonetic

Juniors
What are the remaining home games for the Storm? It would be great if you could stay above that 10k mark.

Surandy

Bench
phonetic said:
What are the remaining home games for the Storm? It would be great if you could stay above that 10k mark.

Round 22 Sat Aug 5th 7:30pm vs Wests Tigers
Round 24 Sat Aug 19th 7:30pm vs New Zealand Warriors
Round 26 vs Manly Sea Eagles

Week 1 Finals :D

ali

Bench
Hopefully the Manly game is Friday night. I don't think the Friday night factor should be underestimated in their 2 last crowds. For mine, on TV it looked like more than 11 and a half thou. I thought it looked closer to the Broncs figure than the figure they announced.

yakstorm

First Grade
14,020 at Telstra Stadium which is a bit of a bitter-sweet crowd result. The Bulldogs are going well, and the Roosters use to be a big draw card for them, however 5:30pm is a difficult time slot to draw fans.

ozzie

Bench
raiders fan forever said:
The Raiders home crowd average is bigger than that lol :sarcasm:
so is the Roosters we beat your averages this year and we aren't travelling well. Now that you are having a laugh check out the home crowd figures and tell me what your excuse is, considering you were in the top eight for a while

Brutus

Referee
David Gallop said crowds will pick up on the run home to the finals.

They better start soon.

yakstorm

First Grade
Crowds so far this round:

Storm v Sharks: 11,486
Bulldogs v Roosters: 14,020
Knights v Rabbitohs: 14,599
Cowboys v Broncos: 24,658

Total: 64,763
Average: 16,191

So hopefully tomorrows games can help keep the average for this round above 16K.

Tigers v Eels has plenty of potential for a big crowd, and provided the weather is alright, the Manly faithful should fill Brookvale with about 15-16K. The Raiders game I worry about...

phonetic

Juniors
I think if the weather holds there will be 13-14kat Bruce.

I'm leaving Hurstville at 9:00 to pick up my sensational girlfriend, then heading south. Can't wait.

Brookie should draw 14-15k and Telstra 18k.

yakstorm

First Grade
An interesting development. I just recieved this in my email:

Please note the Melbourne Storm have reported that a malfunctioning turnstile meant that the crowd figure issued on Friday night was not correct. The figure will be revised upwards and media will be advised of the correction as soon as possible (probably tomorrow).
Polly McCardell
Media Manager
National Rugby League

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:| Bugger. Either way, better crowds so far this week... hope we crack the 100k...