What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

LESStar58

Referee
Please note the Melbourne Storm have reported that a malfunctioning turnstile meant that the crowd figure issued on Friday night was not correct. The figure will be revised upwards and media will be advised of the correction as soon as possible (probably tomorrow).
Polly McCardell
Media Manager
National Rugby League

Does this mean we cheated and fudged the figure or was Friday night's crowd HIGHER?

Surandy

Bench
LESStar58 said:
Does this mean we cheated and fudged the figure or was Friday night's crowd HIGHER?

It means that the crowd we got on Friday night was larger than what was reported. Which was of no surprise to me. At kickoff I looked around and comparing it to previous crowds I thought we had at least 13k, my actual estimate later in the game was 13.5k

mattyg

Bench
Great crowds this round! Hopefully it keeps going for the rest of the year. Next week Eels vs Manly could sell out i think

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MEL v CRO @ Olympic 11,486
BUL v SYD @ Telstra 14,020
NEW v SOU @ EnergyAus 14,599
NQL v BRI @ DFS 24,658
CAN v STG @ Canberra 13,904
WES v PAR @ Telstra 21,456
MAN v PEN @ Brookvale 15,177

Total: 115,300
Average: 16,471

Excellent average and total! Good increase this week!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Full crowd report, Round 20:

ROUND 20 - 21-22-23 July
MEL v CRO @ Olympic 11,486
BUL v SYD @ Telstra 14,020
NEW v SOU @ EnergyAus 14,599
NQL v BRI @ DFS 24,658
CAN v STG @ Canberra 13,904
WES v PAR @ Telstra 21,456
MAN v PEN @ Brookvale 15,177

TOTAL: 115,300
Per Match Average:
2006 Aggregate: 2,089,074

2006 Match Average: 15,138

Attendance:130,775 Ave:18,682

2005 Comparison --
Total: 130,775; Per Match Average: 18,682
2005 Total: 2,225,230; Per Match Average: 16,125

LESStar58

Referee
Surandy said:
It means that the crowd we got on Friday night was larger than what was reported. Which was of no surprise to me. At kickoff I looked around and comparing it to previous crowds I thought we had at least 13k, my actual estimate later in the game was 13.5k

I'll take your word for it andy... and those that were actually there...

I coldn't make it that night due to other commitments bt to me there always seems to be more than reported every week!

yakstorm

First Grade
A good round, keeps the crowds dropping below the 15K mark at least for another week.

Hopefully we can get an extra 2K or more from the Storm crowd to help raise their crowd average a bit more.

Next week is a bit of a fearful week. Sharks v Knights has the potential to be either 9K or 17K. Panthers v Warriors...well the Penrith fans haven't turned out at all this year, I can't see them breaking their average of 12K so far this year.

Rabbitohs v Raiders, well the Rabbitohs have been playing competitive football... the Raiders are pushing for the 8, can't see it being more than 8K unfortunately.

Eels v Sea Eagles, Eels on the verge of the 8, Manly just in it, surely the Parra faithful have to turn out in force for this game, hopefully 16K.

Dragons v Storm at Oki will be 18K no doubt. Roosters v Cowboys....hopefully the Roosters can keep it above 8K.

Broncos v Wests Tigers will be the saviour of the round with around 25K.

ledzep

Bench
yakstorm said:
A good round, keeps the crowds dropping below the 15K mark at least for another week.

Hopefully we can get an extra 2K or more from the Storm crowd to help raise their crowd average a bit more.

Next week is a bit of a fearful week. Sharks v Knights has the potential to be either 9K or 17K. Panthers v Warriors...well the Penrith fans haven't turned out at all this year, I can't see them breaking their average of 12K so far this year.

Rabbitohs v Raiders, well the Rabbitohs have been playing competitive football... the Raiders are pushing for the 8, can't see it being more than 8K unfortunately.

Eels v Sea Eagles, Eels on the verge of the 8, Manly just in it, surely the Parra faithful have to turn out in force for this game, hopefully 16K.

Dragons v Storm at Oki will be 18K no doubt. Roosters v Cowboys....hopefully the Roosters can keep it above 8K.

Broncos v Wests Tigers will be the saviour of the round with around 25K.
Sharks v. Knights - 15k
Panthers v. Warriors - 10k
Rabbitohs v. Raiders - 8k
Eels v. Seagles - 17k
Dragons v. Storm - 18k
Roosters v. Cowboys - 6k
Broncos v. Tigers - 26k
Total: 100k

Angry_eel

First Grade
parra manly might sell out who knows. Manly fans would like to see parra's hopes dashed and we'd like to see them being whooped at parra.

Latest posts