What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Evergreen

Juniors
Congrats to all the Dragons supporters that turned up at Canberra Stadium today. The St George-Illawarra games are consistently our best performers crowd wise, and thats due largely to the terrific support they receive down here from local and interstate fans alike.

phonetic

Juniors
Indeed, there were plenty of us down there. Shame about the performance we were treated to. Full credit to the Raiders though.

Great stadium too. Would be great to see it better attended by the Canberra folk.

Jasestorm

Juniors
Surandy said:
It means that the crowd we got on Friday night was larger than what was reported. Which was of no surprise to me. At kickoff I looked around and comparing it to previous crowds I thought we had at least 13k, my actual estimate later in the game was 13.5k

Yeah Surandy, I thought the same thing. I told my wife that there was between 13-14k there, I was very surprised when I saw the figure on the big screen. There were more heads there compared to Rd 4, 2005 when 12,149 saw us play Brisbane.

yakstorm

First Grade
The official crowd for the Melbourne game was: 11,673

So far from a big increase despite the faulty ticket machine, but hey, an increase none the less.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Still the lowest crowd of the round, which given the patterns of the last few months, is bloody sensational. 11,700 being the lowest crowd bodes well for the rest of the year.

pcpp

Juniors
Revised:

MEL v CRO @ Olympic 11,673
BUL v SYD @ Telstra 14,020
NEW v SOU @ EnergyAus 14,599
NQL v BRI @ DFS 24,658
CAN v STG @ Canberra 13,904
WES v PAR @ Telstra 21,456
MAN v PEN @ Brookvale 15,177

Total: 115,487
Average: 16,498

JW

Coach
For round 21:

12,000 @ Toyota
13,000 @ CUA
7,000 @ Telstra
17,000 @ Parramatta
13,000 @ Kogarah
7,000 @ Aussie
29,000 @ Suncorp

yakstorm

First Grade
Good crowd at Toyota - 17,574

Now lets hope that Souths, Parramatta and Panthers fan all turn up in force tomorrow.

Timmah

Staff member
F**kin sensational for Toyota, very impressed.

Souths, well, I won't hold my breath, especially against Canberra (8k). The Eels will be 19-20k, Penrith between 9 and 11k.

Sunday - Suncorp will get 29k for Brissy v Wests, OKI will be close to full, maybe 17k for Saints v Storm, Aussie for Roosters? :lol: f**k.

yakstorm

First Grade
At least a positive to note, for the next few weeks there are some big crowd blockbusters on the way to help get the average back up closer to 16K.

Round 22:
Eels v Dragons (Go close to a sell out if Parramatta win today or go close)
Cowboys v Bulldogs (Nth Qld faithful hopefully out in force)
Roosters v Knights (At Central Coast so should go close to sell out regardless of Easts form)
Raiders v Broncos (Whilst possibly wont go much more than 14K, it will be one of the Raiders biggest crowds for the year)

Round 23:
Knights v Sea Eagles (Newcastle faithful should pack EnergyAustralia)
Wests Tigers v Raiders (John Skandalis' last game at Campbelltown, should sell well)
Bulldogs v Dragons (Blockbuster match at Telstra Stadium)
Broncos v Storm (Storm have a reasonable size supporter based in South East Qld, and it will be a battle of the top four)

Round 24:
Bulldogs v Broncos (Bulldogs return to Friday night football....expect fireworks)
Storm v Warriors (Will be one of the smaller crowds for the round, but should be one of the Storm's biggest for the season)
Cowboys v Knights (Thurston should be back in time for this one which will boost the crowd)
Dragons v Wests Tigers (Match is at Oki so should sell well provided the weather is good)

Timmah

Staff member
CRO v NEW @ Toyota: 17,574
SOU v CAN @ Telstra: 6,152
PEN v NZW @ CUASP: 9,725
PAR v MAN @ Parra: 15,404

Tot: 48,855
Avg: 12,214

f**k ewe Soufs.

Penance

Juniors
Timmah said:
CRO v NEW @ Toyota: 17,574
SOU v CAN @ Telstra: 6,152
PEN v NZW @ CUASP: 9,725
PAR v MAN @ Parra: 15,404

Tot: 48,855
Avg: 12,214

f**k ewe Soufs.
where did you get those figures from?

mattyg

Bench
more than i expected at suncorp!! i think the NRL should keep brisbane games on sunday as thats when they seem to attract more fans. Round 23 should be a massive round for crowds i think.