What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Ice777

Bench
While i was at the game i thought there was more than what was announced. But lets not forget it wasn't 13k which most are saying, it was 13,991 witch is only a touch off 14k which is 1k more than 13k ;-)

17k at least next week :)

Ice777 said:
While i was at the game i thought there was more than what was announced. But lets not forget it wasn't 13k which most are saying, it was 13,991 witch is only a touch off 14k which is 1k more than 13k ;-)

17k at least next week :)

why cant the crowds always be like this though :?

ali

Bench
The Sharks crowd was definately inflated. Looked more like 7500 to me and I'm usually a pretty good judge. Thank f**k it was a lovely day, otherwise it may have only been 5000 or 6000.

Brutus

Referee
The Storm gave unders on their crowd.

For what reason, I do not know. It was at least 15k, I was thinking 17k.

JW

Coach
47,193 in Brisbane. Biggest for the season and I believe they have now comfortably passed last years average of 30,300 odd.

c_eagle

Juniors
Imho, based on their population and popularity, Brisbane should be averaging what they got today.

JW

Coach
An old argument which the Broncos can't win either way. The people who say Brisbane should be averageing 3 or 4 times higher than the rest of the comp are usually the same who also bring up the theory that the vast majority of Brisbanites hate the Broncos.

I think they'll be quite content with two years in a row of 30,000+ averages to be honest. That's about 4-5 straight years of growth from the 20,000 mark where they were stitting steady for much of the late 90's/early 00's.

Regardless of what people feel the team 'should' be averaging, that alone is alot more than many other clubs have to show for.

lockyno1

Post Whore
People don't realise how important a brisbane home semi is. We get 50,000 to a semi, whereas no other team, unless you play out of Telstra, would get anywhere near that figure. It is the best thing for league that brisbane got a home semi.

JW

Coach
lockyno1 said:
People don't realise how important a brisbane home semi is. We get 50,000 to a semi, whereas no other team, unless you play out of Telstra, would get anywhere near that figure. It is the best thing for league that brisbane got a home semi.

The recent home semi's against Melbourne have been dissapointing by Brisbane's standards to say the least.

However, it should be a different story this year.

c_eagle

Juniors
I'd give up 30k people attending a game in Brisbane in exchange for a Manly home semi. It's a silly comment, really.

lockyno1

Post Whore
JW said:
The recent home semi's against Melbourne have been dissapointing by Brisbane's standards to say the least.

Brisbane-Dragons with Webcke's final game at home, will get a bigger crowd than Bris-Melbourne on any day of the week.

c_eagle

Juniors
JW said:

Both performance and attendance wise, iirc.

Brutus

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Brisbane-Dragons with Webcke's final game at home, will get a bigger crowd than Bris-Melbourne on any day of the week.

Brisbane has a history of poor finals crowds.

If I recall the premiership match against the Storm last year attracted about 7k more than the semi final.

The Saturday night timeslot is not the best for big crowds in Brisbane.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Can't see that being the case this week. They got 47K to a Warriors game this week. Next week should be a bare minimum of 50K for a finals match and for Webcke's last home game.

Latest posts