What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Dally M Award Winners

salivor

First Grade
How did neither Petero or Lockyer not get any points from the last round match against the Warriors? Proves to me that the award is a joke, at least they got the winner right though.

thuganomics

Coach
salivor said:
How did neither Petero or Lockyer not get any points from the last round match against the Warriors? Proves to me that the award is a joke, at least they got the winner right though.

Petero must of got points cause he wasn't on the leaderboard after Round 25...

The Tank

Bench
Congrats to Cam Smith. Well deserved. Hopefully he will have a Premiership ring to match.

I'm shocked to see that Mason didn't even make the top 10.

Poida_Raider

Bench
well i guess the old, highest player on the leaderboard in each position doesnt really work after all.. what the?

WHY was nathan merrit on stage at the end for team of the year????? Carney got winger, but Merrit decided to go up on stage...

I think Merrit embarassed himself as they wanted the team of the year NOT the top try scorer

thuganomics

Coach
join the bandwagon said:
WHY was nathan merrit on stage at the end for team of the year????? Carney got winger, but Merrit decided to go up on stage...

I think Merrit embarassed himself as they wanted the team of the year NOT the top try scorer

Maybe they got all the award winners...

Poida_Raider

Bench
thuganomics said:
How the hell does Cronk get halfback of the year... but Orford get more points in the Dally M leaderboard...

on that logic you'd also suggest petero was a bit hard done by aswell!!

i really think they need to get rid of the whole "one foxsports/telgraph journo" decides who gets the points in each game.. cause personally i think that is probably the worst part of the whole thing, different people notice different players. so its gay yeah.

mattyg

Bench
because Cronk has so many players around him who take points off him...Such as Inglis, Cam Smith, Slater, King, Hoffman...i can keep going on. Orford only has Kennedy

Raider_69

Post Whore
join the bandwagon said:

Team of the year normally involved the top try scorer, point scorer and positional players

salivor

First Grade
thuganomics said:
Petero must of got points cause he wasn't on the leaderboard after Round 25...

Oi, don't try to stop my rant ;-). I still don't know how Lockyer didn't get points, he was far and away my man of the match.

tbone10

Juniors
The Tank said:
Congrats to Cam Smith. Well deserved. Hopefully he will have a Premiership ring to match.

I'm shocked to see that Mason didn't even make the top 10.
Mason did get deducted 6 points because of suspension

Raoul Duke

Juniors
Well Done. Cameron Smith. Great to a see a QUEENSLANDER win it for two years in a row. Hope to see this righteous trend continue for the next millenium.

Well done Locky. A true representative and the world's best player. Great to see 2 Broncos players nominated for the rookie of the year. Lockyer should've got captain of the year, Ben what a joke.

Why wasn't Merritt the winger of the year, what a great effort considering he played for such a useless team.

Gasnier? :crazy: Hodges outplayed that gimp in every way possible.

Hindmarsh? How the hell did that bogan get so close?

Civoniceva truly deserved the prop of the year. Of course the board didn't want too many Queenslanders in the awards.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: @ LU's report on the night, pilfered directly from my initial post ;-), and announcing next years 2007 winner as Cameron Smith. Good to hear from the future that he goes back to back :sarcasm:

:crazy:

Latest posts