What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Front of Jersey sponser

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Read a blurb on the net last week that said that Sydney airport MAY not be sponsoring premier league in 2006 - any truth if any to this one???? if so will there be a new FOJS in the pipeline??
Jeez this forum has come alive hasn't it????

As its been stated on this forum before the Airports Corp will not be the jersey sponsor for next year, they are going to continue their sponsorship of the Jets by helping out the Junior Jets.

And yes this forum seems to have come alive with a pile of blow ins wanting to cause problems? Or rocking the boat, so to speak.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
blow ins? thats really helpful language for a club that NEEDS supporters far more than any other - but I suppose my 30 plus years support counts for nothing? Still I would rather support the bloody eels than a bunch of Pommy bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wouldn't they have the same sponsors as the Roosters?? - i know the home games will be at henson for p/l but they will playe before first grade at away games.

I could not imagine samsung being impressed if say the jets were sponsored by a rival electronics company

hrundi99

First Grade
It's a separate arrangement, though I'm sure the Jets are happy to listen to offers from Samsung... :cool:

Fanny Batter

Juniors
i wonder wot a sponsor wood think of all the publicity surroundin col murphy.newtowns not gonna hav a coach that took the club to within a game of a granf final.

and did ya notice how towards the end of the yr they stopped putting 'sydney airport jets' in the email and went back to 'newtown jets' i bet the airport didnt like that.thats not how u should treat sponsors in the media.no wonder the airport left

greg

Juniors
As much as I am disappointed Col will not be coach, potential sponsors won't care at all about the coaching situation. The club moves on and I am sure new sponsors will climb on board.

Henson

Juniors
Henson Park Hornets said:
As its been stated on this forum before the Airports Corp will not be the jersey sponsor for next year, they are going to continue their sponsorship of the Jets by helping out the Junior Jets.

And yes this forum seems to have come alive with a pile of blow ins wanting to cause problems? Or rocking the boat, so to speak.

blow in's eh...
give me a break,we need all the blow ins,boat rockers etc we can get,any interest is good interest,and people have the right to ask any damn question they like.
we don't need forum snobs
go the Jets,and get Col back!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Henson said:
blow in's eh...
give me a break,we need all the blow ins,boat rockers etc we can get,any interest is good interest,and people have the right to ask any damn question they like.

Henson..you are a gentleman and a scholar...and a genuine Jet!!!!!!! Bravo my son,,,ye have been anoited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffles

Bench
Well your 30 years is longer than my 23 years on this planet!

I think he meant blow-in in the sense that you were new to the forum. I don't really care how long you've been on the forum so long as you love the Jets. And I think we all do.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Jeffles said:
Well your 30 years is longer than my 23 years on this planet!

I think he meant blow-in in the sense that you were new to the forum. I don't really care how long you've been on the forum so long as you love the Jets. And I think we all do.
Oh I hate to say but I am the wrong side of 40 :-( and got onto the Jets at a young age....still have all my scanlens cards from the old school yard,,as well as all the other gear,,,,,hmmmmmmm,,,,Win, Lose Or Draw we are still the greatest rugby league team ever to hit the paddock!!!!!!!!!!..go the mighty jets!!!!!!!

Bluebag

Juniors
Sydney Airport advised us several months ago they would not be sponsoring us but still wanted to kick to help the juniro jets. Our sponsors get great value for money thanks.

While some sponsors may leave and some may assume it is beacuase of Col but others are coming on and so life goes on. I spoke to Col and while disappointed he will still be a Jets supporter so this will test out the true fans. We have been lucky to have had so few coaches since 91 but it has been a big change and some need to move on.

greg

Juniors
newtownbluebags said:
Oh I hate to say but I am the wrong side of 40 :-( and got onto the Jets at a young age....still have all my scanlens cards from the old school yard,,as well as all the other gear,,,,,hmmmmmmm,,,,Win, Lose Or Draw we are still the greatest rugby league team ever to hit the paddock!!!!!!!!!!..go the mighty jets!!!!!!!

Its good to see another fellow 40 something dinosaur!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
I only asked cause I collect the Jerseys each year :)..wondered if there would be a new (sponsored) one in 2006 purely for this reason.

Henson said:
blow in's eh...

Ha ha ha!!! That's a first, being called a "forum snob"!!!

Just seems funny that all of a sudden we have all these new identities on the forums. Such as "Henson" "Newtownbluebags" and "not keen on doug" all with their opintions which seem to be rather different to the other people on here... Purely a coincidence..... Of course... Not that it's a bad thing. As mentioned before the Jets need all the supporters they can muster and it's good to see a differing point of view on here.