What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Panthers_God said:
I wonder where he will play?
Does this mean David Stagg might be leaving or has he already re-signed??

Stagg re-signed i believe. ennis will play off the bench i think.

Ghoulies

Bench
Since Seymour will be injured for the first few weeks of competition Ennis will probably start as half-back.

Booyah

Bench
Bryson Goodwin (Cronulla) > Dragons
Reece Blayney (Cronulla) > Dragons
Matt Bickerstaff (Perpignan) > Dragons
Albert Torrens (Dragons) > Cronulla

Source: SMH

Ben

Bench
Panthers_God said:
I wonder where he will play?
Does this mean David Stagg might be leaving or has he already re-signed??
He left the Knights because he seriously wanted to play hooker. The Knights gave him a starting spot in lock-forward and he still decided to come off the bench. He left the Knights and joined the Dragons to hopefully start as a hooker, but someone by the name of Young got in his way. Now he is off to the Broncos and won't be playing any other position other than hooker.

Panthers_God

Juniors
ben said:
He left the Knights because he seriously wanted to play hooker. The Knights gave him a starting spot in lock-forward and he still decided to come off the bench. He left the Knights and joined the Dragons to hopefully start as a hooker, but someone by the name of Young got in his way. Now he is off to the Broncos and won't be playing any other position other than hooker.

is barry berrigan still there? I doubt he will start in place of Berrigan

Ben

Bench
A word that springs to mind about Berrigan is 'old'. The Broncos need some youth to spark the team and i believe Ennis is the man for the job. But unfortunately, Bennett is still there so you never know.

skeepe

Immortal
Booyah said:
Bryson Goodwin (Cronulla) > Dragons
Reece Blayney (Cronulla) > Dragons
Matt Bickerstaff (Perpignan) > Dragons
Albert Torrens (Dragons) > Cronulla

Source: SMH

One more addition to that

Damon Alley-Tovio (Raiders) > Dragons

They sure are signing a lot of players for a club in so much salary cap trouble.

RABK

Referee
Thanks for that scoop, i would never have known reading a little further up eh....

shadow grinder

First Grade
Former premiers the Bulldogs announced the signing of Greek international Nick Kouparitsas from the Western Suburbs Magpies for the 2006 NRL season.

Kouparitsas, 21, scored a try in Greece's 26-24 loss to Italy at Oki Jubilee Stadium on September 27.

He played five-eighth and lock for the Magpies in 2005 and will be a handy recruit for the Bulldogs as they look to strengthen their NRL and Premier League playing roster next season.

Kouparitsas will join his Magpie teammate Ben Roberts who has also come across to the Bulldogs.

http://smh.com.au/news/Sport/New-recruit-for-NRL-Bulldogs/2005/10/17/1129401191067.html

thickos

First Grade
Irony is he left the Raiders to get game time and the Tigers ended up being injury free and going on to win the title. With our injury crisis this year Koups would have made FG for us, no doubt. He got named on the odd extended bench for us in 2004. Ah well.

Kiwi

First Grade
I thought I'd update the Broncos signings, maybe people could do their own teams, saves everyone from sifting through so many posts.

Brisbane Broncos
Signed: Ben HANNANT 2 yrs ( Roosters ), Michael ENNIS 2 yrs ( Dragons )
Re-signed: Corey PARKER (2008), Tonie CARROLL (2008), Sam THAIDAY (2008), Neville COSTIGAN (2007), Casey McGUIRE (2007), Shaun BERRIGAN (2007)
Losses: Berrick BARNES (Queensland Reds), Darren SMITH (Retired), Darren MAPP (Cronulla Sharks), Tom LEAROYD-LAHRS (Canberra Raiders), Stuart Kelly ( retired ), Tony DUGGAN ( Wales ), Anthony SIEBOLD ( Wales ), Michael RYAN ( Wales ),
Aaron BARBA ( Wynnum ), Neale WYATT ( France )[font=&quot]
[/font]Off Contract: Tame TUPOU, Jamie SIMPSON, Derrick WATKINS, John TE REO, Tim RANGIHUNA, Nick PARFIT

The off contract players I am not sure of.

Latest posts