What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

WestsRobbo

Juniors
Palms said:
TIGERS

Ryan O'Hara, Sam Harris, Keith Galloway, Jamaal Lolesi, Ben Jeffrie (PL), Filinga Filiga (PL)

Possibly somemore lower profile playerrs

Easts sign Dally Messenger!!

Could you be any later with the news of these signings?

shadow grinder

First Grade
COOPER CRONK looks set for a long stay in the Melbourne No. 7 jersey, with the club on the verge of extending his contract until the end of 2009.

Storm officials yesterday confirmed they were in talks with the 22-year-old. It's understood a new deal could be completed as early as today, capping a remarkable two months for the Queenslander.

Melbournestorm.com.au

-Not yet confirmed...but it isnt a rumour...

Earl

Coach
From Foxsports.com

MELBOURNE Storm appears to have settled on young talent Cooper Cronk as its long-term replacement for departed star halfback Matt Orford.

The 22-year-old today signed a contract to keep him at the Storm until the end of the 2009 NRL season.

Cronk spent a portion of 2005 filling in for the injured Scott Hill at five-eighth but with Orford switching to Manly, Melbourne coaching staff gave the backline utility first crack at the vacant halfback spot.

Red-hot pre-season trial performances showed that faith had not been misplaced, and now Cronk has repaid that loyalty.

"I'm sure we can forge a good relationship over the next three or four seasons and make the club a huge success," Cronk said.

"Besides, I love living here in Melbourne and this is where I would prefer to play my football."

Coach Craig Bellamy has been pleased with Cronk's progress at halfback so far but said there was still plenty of work to do if the young Queenslander wanted to fill Orford's sizeable shoes.

"He's been great over the pre-season," Bellamy said.

"We've put a lot of faith in the young man. We've set plenty of challenges for him and he's answered every one of them to date.

Advertisement:
"His next challenge is to continue to grow and mature and be the halfback we know he can be."

A top-five tackler from the 2005 NRL season, lock Dallas Johnson has also committed to Melbourne for another two years.

Johnson considered moving to another club in the off-season but said the quality of the Storm coaching staff and the tight-knit playing group had been enough to persuade him to stay.

NEW THREE YEAR DEAL FOR HALATAU

Halatau_med.jpg

Wests Tigers lock Dene Halatau has today re-signed with the club for a further three years.

Halatau is now signed to the NRL Premiers until the end of 2009.

"I am thrilled to be able to stay with the Wests Tigers, the club that gave me my first opportunity,'' Halatau said.

"The club has been great to me and I enjoy being here. I look forward to now getting back on the field as soon as possible.

"Wests Tigers have a very exciting future and I am very glad to be a part of it.''

Warren McDonnell, Wests Tigers Recruitment Manager, said Halatau has been a vital part of the club's success.

"Dene loves the Wests Tigers. He has been great for the club, he is a real clubman, and he proved in the finals series last year how valuable he is to the team.''

Halatau is recovering from a shoulder operation and is aiming to be be back on the field within the next few weeks.

Since making his first grade debut for the Wests Tigers against Manly at Leichhardt Oval on June 8,2003, Halatau has gone on to play 53 games for the club. He has scored 11 tries.

Halatau has also played two Test matches for New Zeaand.

From www.weststigers.com.au

choc_soldier

Coach
To maintain the theme...

Rodney re-signs with Panthers

RodneyResigns.jpg

Apr 03 - Shane Rodney has re-signed with Penrith for another two seasons, which will take him up to the end of 2008.

“We were really keen to get Shane’s signature,” General Manager Rugby League, Michael Leary said today.

“He’s a solid, ball-playing forward who can go for the full 80 minutes – and kick goals. He’s a local junior, too”

“I didn’t want to leave Penrith so it’s great to have a new contract,” Shane said today.

Asked which position he would most like to play, Shane said: “I see myself as a lock who can play second row – but I’m happy to play anywhere that keeps me in the team.”

Shane is continuing to work on his goal-kicking, too. “With Preston (Campbell) leaving this year that’s something else I’d like to aim for next year.”

http://www.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=75

Palms

Juniors
griffo346 said:
do we have a full updated list i want to do it on rl 2 so i was wondering if someone can post each team here under my post :D ty be verry helpful
Easts sign Dally Messenger!!

Could you be any later with the news of these signings?

If you bothered to read the post before I was answering his question Jerry Seinfeld

Big Mick

Referee
Asked which position he would most like to play, Shane said: “I see myself as a lock who can play second row – but I’m happy to play anywhere that keeps me in the team.”

And Waterhouse is a second row being made to play Lock...

C.P

Juniors
And a job as "gear steward" for 2009-2011 @ $350,000 a year :lol: :lol: :lol:

C.P said:
And a job as "gear steward" for 2009-2011 @ $350,000 a year :lol: :lol: :lol:

gosh is that what they call assistant coaches now. p.s. its 150,000 a year for his job after the contract ends. and 150,000 of his contract in 2008 will have been already paid for as we lost points for it.