What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

Tigertread

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Good pick up, by this time next year he'll be a regular in your pack.

Got a link?
http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,19948647%255E15702,00.html
While 34-year-old Smith is at the older end of the spectrum, the club has continued its push to lure young talent after signing promising Toowoomba back rower/centre Joe Clarke, 21, and 19-year-old Tully junior Colin Wilkie (Brisbane Norths) for next year.
Clarke, an explosive utility player, is viewed as an exciting prospect who could play NRL next season.
And the signings for next season may not end there with Parr indicating the club still had money available under the salary cap.

Vicious

Bench
Tigertread said:
The Cowboys have signed Joe Clarke (Toowoomba) and Colin Wilkie (Brisbane Norths) for next year.

I wouldn`t be too confident of Joe Clarke making the grade, he`d have to be one of the most uncoordinated footballers i`ve ever seen. He has good size, pace and athletic ability, but he`s just not too good with catching and passing!

Sanchez

Coach
Vicious said:
I wouldn`t be too confident of Joe Clarke making the grade, he`d have to be one of the most uncoordinated footballers i`ve ever seen. He has good size, pace and athletic ability, but he`s just not too good with catching and passing!
thats something that can be easily coached though

Iafeta

Referee
George Gatis resigned to Warriors for one more year

VODAFONE WARRIORS SIGN HOOKER GATIS FOR ANOTHER YEAR
Hooker George Gatis is to stay with the Vodafone Warriors for another year.
The club today announced it had exercised its option and upgraded Gatis from the incentive-based contract he’s been on this year.
When he arrived in Auckland, the 28-year-old Queenslander hadn’t played in the NRL since his 24th and last appearance for the North Queensland Cowboys in 2003.
“I’d been out of the NRL for a long time after some injuries,” he said.
“I came to the Vodafone Warriors with the goal of breaking back into first-grade and it’s been great to achieve that.
“I’m enjoying it in Auckland and I like what’s happening at the club. We’ve made a lot of progress as a team and there’s a really good feeling around the place.
“I want to be part of things next year and give myself the best possible chance of playing more first-grade games.”
Gatis had been considering returning to Townsville to help with the family fish business after a year out of it in Auckland.
“That was something I had to think about but I spoke to my Dad and he’s happy to keep going over there and for me to stay with the Vodafone Warriors to keep playing football,” he said.
Vodafone Warriors head coach Ivan Cleary said Gatis had added a lot to the team after arriving for off-season training in late October.
“He has brought a great attitude to the club in the way he plays and trains as well as his personal qualities,” he said.
“He’s an example of the sort of player and person we need as we try to create the environment and culture we’re after.”
Gatis, who started his first-grade career in 2001, played his first NRL match in close to three years when he made his debut for his new club in the 26-10 win against Wests Tigers in Christchurch on March 25.
That started a sequence of 10 consecutive appearances before he was replaced on the interchange bench by Lance Hohaia. That allowed him to have more game time with the Counties Manukau Jetz in the Bartercard Cup before returning in his bench role for the Vodafone Warriors’ clash against Parramatta on July 15.
Last night’s match against Penrith was his 12th for the club and his 36th career appearance.

GEORGE GATIS

Born: March 25, 1978
Birthplace: Townsville, Queensland
Position: Hooker
Height: 174cm
Weight: 89kg
Junior Club: Centrals (Townsville)
NRL Debut: North Queensland v Wests Tigers, Leichhardt Oval, July 14, 2001 (Round 19)
Vodafone Warriors Debut: v Wests Tigers, Jade Stadium, March 25, 2006 (Round 3)
NRL Career: 36 appearances
North Queensland (2001-03) – 24 games, 16 points
Vodafone Warriors (2006) – 12 games, 4 points
NRL Points: 20 (5 tries)
Educated: Kirwan High School (Kirwan), Pimlico High School (Townsville)

www.warriors.co.nz

Leaves George Tuakara and Cooper Vuna of current top 25 players off contract and takes the club to 23 out of 25 positions for next year filfulled.

stuke

Bench
Mad Goanna said:
George Tuakara trialling with West Tigers for next year

he would have to be a fair age now. he ran around for the Cessnock Goannas in the Newcastle comp about 5 or 6 years ago, and he was no spring chicken then!

Good signings for the Tigers, especially Harlen. I hope he fulfills his potential as he was going great guns in the lower grades at Penrith before doing SFA with the Sharks.

richies

Juniors
Sam Joe signs with Storms
Monday, 31 July 2006
Outstanding Kubin rugby league talent Sam Joe has signed a two-year contract with NRL competition leaders Melbourne Storm.
Sam Seriba Joe is the son of Fr Salatelu Joe and Mrs Flora Roseline Joe, from Kubin, Moa Island.

Sam Joe in action

The 17-year-old centre will complete his Year 12 studies at St Brendan’s College at Yeppoon (outside Rockhampton) this year, with the contract in place for the 2007-08 seasons. He will live in Brisbane.

Sam attracted the attention of the Storm talent scouts at the recent Confraternity Shield, won by St Brendan’s College.

Sam will be joined by his St Brendan’s teammate Cameron Steel at the Storm.

Premiers West Tigers, Broncos, and Penrith also offered Sam contracts.

Father Joe, who signed the contract last Wednesday to give his approval, says Sam is “very happy and looking forward to it.”

“We are very proud of Sam, and hope that he fullfils his dreams of playing in the NRL. This is wonderful news for Kubin.”

Under the terms of the contract, Sam will be found a suitable traineeship or apprenticeship.

The contract also provides for full accommodation in a family environment in Brisbane.

Tigertread

Juniors
Luke Harlen is A front rower from NQ. He played all his football with the Centrals Tigers in Townsville before moving down to Penrith and then to the Sharks.

Latest posts