What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

ouwet

Bench
brendothejet said:
Sucked into Russel and peter. Souths wanted to break the 10 or so year drought on a 50k crowd.

brissbane/nth qld come out and do it in the first round. lol

Well let's hope we can break it in Sydney (excluding the double headers)!

langpark

First Grade
"A disappointing crowd of 13,535" was how they described Melbourne's crowd in the match report on rleague.com. am i the only one who happens to think that's a pretty good crowd?

gregstar

Referee
who cares - there's sh*tloads of people on the LU forums.

that's good enough!

well done all!

Dogs Of War

Coach
langpark said:
"A disappointing crowd of 13,535" was how they described Melbourne's crowd in the match report on rleague.com. am i the only one who happens to think that's a pretty good crowd?

Considering the stadium doesn't hold much more than that (and you could see on the TV that it was pretty packed out). It was a good crowd. It seems part of Storms problems is the stadium. The sooner that gets buillt, the better off they will be.

i think they get about 16k there for A-League games....largely due to all the hoons cramming into the the 'northern terrace' behind the goals

for melb to get good crowds they need more friday night games....it is the premier night for football in melbourne and with live coverage as well on 9 more people will see it and hopefully some of those will decide to go watch in person

its not as if the strom havent deserved extra primetime games

Lowdown

Juniors
aussies1st said:
Melbourne looked pretty packed out on the screen.

I think it was more closer to 14k, maybe more. The crowd did look packed - except for some strange reason, on the centre of the lower eastern stand (the stand which is shown on tv). I did not look all that smaller from the broncos 15.5k crowd last year. Certainly not 2k less imho.

brendothejet

First Grade
Lowdown said:
I think it was more closer to 14k, maybe more. The crowd did look packed - except for some strange reason, on the centre of the lower eastern stand (the stand which is shown on tv). I did not look all that smaller from the broncos 15.5k crowd last year. Certainly not 2k less imho.

Its the most expensive part of the stadium. Sells last.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
On cold or wet nights I have been to Sharkes Leagues Club on game night and there are 100's of people with tickets who are too precious to go into ground cos they might get wet, so they pay $25 to sit in Club and watch fox, genius....

yakstorm

First Grade
Olympic Park is just getting smaller and smaller, its been, even the Victory when they played NZ there weren't allowed to let in more than 15,800, and there is talk the capacity could be dropped again soon due to 'safety' reasons (thankfully the new ground is finally in the process of being built).

Honestly, I think the Storm do need to consider taking a couple of 'marquee' games to Telstra Dome just to boost their averages and provide their spectators with a better facility. Last night's game, would of drawn over 20K easily at Telstra Dome, with no AFL up against it and first game of the season.

Anyway, be interesting to see the TV viewing figures for Melbourne....

Ice777

Bench
yakstorm said:
Olympic Park is just getting smaller and smaller, its been, even the Victory when they played NZ there weren't allowed to let in more than 15,800, and there is talk the capacity could be dropped again soon due to 'safety' reasons (thankfully the new ground is finally in the process of being built).

Honestly, I think the Storm do need to consider taking a couple of 'marquee' games to Telstra Dome just to boost their averages and provide their spectators with a better facility. Last night's game, would of drawn over 20K easily at Telstra Dome, with no AFL up against it and first game of the season.

Anyway, be interesting to see the TV viewing figures for Melbourne....

I'm not so sure. While i totally understand what your saying, i'd be very reluctant to move any of our games to the Dome. I think the only game if any that it might work for is against the Bronco's, but even then i'd much rather stay at Olympic Park.

I can still remember when we moved there originally, we just weren't ready for it and it was a big reason why our crowds declined and in all honesty i didn't think we were going to make it through that period as a club because they were pretty dark days. It took us a few years to recover from that and in many ways we're getting back on the right track and i don't want to mess with that.

A game or two at Telstra Dome may very well work, but i for one am quite happy to stay at the Graveyard until our new home is built.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
JW said:
Any figures come through from NZ yet?

looked like a prety decent crowd, I'd say 15-18k, certainly well up on last season. Next week should be a bumper crowd there, playing Brisbane and coming off a good win.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
the 2 disappointments of the round i thought would be manly and cronulla, but theyve pulled through despite shocking weather

JW

Coach
Always seems to happen there for some reason, just like Olympic Park. Seems like a shyte load more on the box.

Latest posts