What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
Ahh its no surprise, teams are notorious of crowd 'cutting' early in the season. Cutting 1-2K here and there which then amazingly make an appearance in the crowd numbers for some of the 'less-appealing' games.

Both the Warriors and Storm know that they can draw some pretty woeful crowds, so both are most likely cutting now which they will use later.

ouwet

Bench
no.2_lukeburt said:
the 2 disappointments of the round i thought would be manly and cronulla, but theyve pulled through despite shocking weather

SMH has the Cronulla crowd at 9,032.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Figures updated including 13,587 @ Mt Smart and 9,032 @ Toyota.

F**king shameful out Cronulla way.

Knightmare

Coach
It's the Shire and it's St Pat's day- the teenagers are all at eachothers' places in Miranda and Sylvania Waters getting drunk on Passion Pop, sticking their fingers in places that never see sunlight and listening to s**t music about how much cooler teenagers are than anyone else on the planet. Either that or they're off burning a cross on some lebo's front lawn with water resistant matches.

McCrud

Juniors
Timmah said:

What's the capacity of these two stadiums?

How far off sell-outs are these games?

Fair dinkum it's round one and it seems like people are not turning up.

QLD carried their load this weekend VERY well - why don't you folks down south do the same?

fatshark

Bench
Look, we can afford pay tv in the shire. So as civilised people we choose to watch it in our own warm houses.
It was pissing down just before the game started. As most of us live rater close(Unlike Lakemba to Homebush), what choice do we have? We dont give a flyin f**k about forum nazis like yourselves who blow over crowd numbers.Unfortunately OUR ground doesnt cover everyone from the rain. Spose its better than whoring our asses off to Homebush

McCrud

Juniors
fatshark said:
Shark Park is close to 22k.

Are you kidding me?

That's a gee up right...

You blokes couldn't even manage to fill out HALF a stadium on ROUND ONE?!?!?

lolesi

First Grade
Timmah said:

To be fair, it pissed down rain for a solid couple of hours before kick off which some wouldn't of seen of tv, im sure that turned many fans away, and as you could of also seen, there isn't much room for shelter either.

Bit dissapointing yeah, but i wasn't suprised. I expect a much better crowd come rd.3

Timmah

Staff member
For the record, I have the whole hog of Foxtel. The Ultimates package, $100 a month.

I spare NO expense going to a game - the only time I will miss a 'Dogs game is through a mate's 21st, wedding, or work. I can easily tuck into my comfy lounge tomorrow, but I'll be even dragging the mother out of her lounge chair tomorrow to sit at EAS and cheer on my boys.

fatshark said:
Look, we can afford pay tv in the shire. So as civilised people we choose to watch it in our own warm houses. It was pissing down just before the game started. As most of us live rater close(Unlike Lakemba to Homebush), what choice do we have? We dont give a flyin f**k about forum nazis like yourselves who blow over crowd numbers.Unfortunately OUR ground doesnt cover everyone from the rain. Spose its better than whoring our asses off to Homebush

How's your geography? Lakemba to Homebush = 15 minutes max.

Face facts, your woeful club is letting the game down in the club department.

Timmah

Staff member
lolesi said:
To be fair, it pissed down rain for a solid couple of hours before kick off which some wouldn't of seen of tv, im sure that turned many fans away, and as you could of also seen, there isn't much room for shelter either.

Bit dissapointing yeah, but i wasn't suprised. I expect a much better crowd come rd.3

At least you've got a decent attitude about it. Your mate fatshark thinks pisspoor crowds are O.K. and the norm at Toyota. It was a let down, here's hoping R3 changes the balance.

McCrud

Juniors
The Melbourne Storm have produced better figures then the Sharks v Penrith match - and roughly equal figures for the Raiders v Manly clash.

Dead set the NRL could plonk two teams in WA and SA and they could turn out similar crowd figures to what we have been forced to endure tonight - and we'd be growing the game.